ADVERTISEMENT

Husker VB 33-2!! Big 10 Champs!!

If I told you at the beginning of the day that you get one but only one: (1) Volleyball National Championship or (2) Mens BB first NCAA Tournament win, which would you choose?

Reactions: cavalot
Reminds me of another team that had fabulous freshman, made it to the Championship Game and got boat raced-- Michigan Fab Five. Only difference is that I actually like our players.
Are you sure Michigan's Fab Five got boat raced that game? I recall Chris Webber called a time out when Michigan was out of time outs.

Last edited:
What a thud. When we failed to step on their throats after the red card I knew we were done.

Cement in our shoes. Never so so many issues with serve receiving and unforced errors.

Young team. Beason and batenhorst completely uncharacteristically ineffective.

Put fire 🔥 in the belly and get back next year. Next year starts now

Reactions: baseball31ne
Reminds me of another team that had fabulous freshman, made it to the Championship Game and got boat raced-- Michigan Fab Five. Only difference is that I actually like our players.

Michigan was at least ahead at halftime. 2nd half was all puke tho.

Man this loss is brutal for everyone. Especially getting throttled by Texas of all teams. Ugh. This young team will learn a ton from that match. I'm sure the film will be analyzed to no end.

Still can't believe the Longhorns really should have lost to Tennessee in the sweet 16. An experienced and talented team with that kind of momentum is so hard to stop.

Congratulations Huskers on an incredible season! 33-2 with 4 Freshman starting ain't too shabby.

Got pretty well whipped.

Crazy how the inability to return a serve crept in so much in a National Title game.

Great season for our ladies. Exceeded almost everybody's expectations. Nothing to be ashamed about.

Thank you Lady Huskers for a great ride.
If theyre that lethal, perhaps we should work on our knuckleball serves this offseason.

Epic collapse and probably a big dose of humility was needed for the team.
What a stupid thing to say. I question if you ever watched the team play. If you had there is no way you could have made such a moronic statement. These women were confident, but never was there a sense of arrogance or entitlement. They are the epitome of a team.

I hope BTN has a 60 minute replay of the title match. It was emotional and painful to watch in real time, but kind of fascinating in the dominance Texas displayed over us.

It's a tough road to The Final Four but I have no doubts the Huskers will battle hard to get back next season.

Best of luck to Hayden & Caroline going forward. But please don't transfer to Wisconsin or Texas.

Really wanted to see what Caroline could do. Was she injured or was Cook trying to save her for when Merritt graduated?

It has to be hard to get playing time with the current starters coming back for the next several years and how that will effect recruiting.

Really wanted to see what Caroline could do. Was she injured or was Cook trying to save her for when Merritt graduated?

It has to be hard to get playing time with the current starters coming back for the next several years and how that will effect recruiting.
Same. From what I've read Caroline didn't know she was being redshirted until the day of the match at Memorial Stadium. I guess she was disappointed. I don't know how you wouldn't be - that experience was one for the ages.

Cook is well known for communicating with his players. Can't believe she was in the dark about her red shirt.

When asked, some players tabbed Caroline as the "most athletic" person on the team.

I am not surprised she is transferring, but disappointed. Could there be more? Maggie didn't play much this year but is now into BB.

If theyre that lethal, perhaps we should work on our knuckleball serves this offseason.
I loved watching the team play this year, so did my fam. I don’t know enough about volleyball to understand.., how could we just not be able to receive a serve in the 2nd set. I’d never seen that before. What was O’Neal doing with her serve that made it so hard to bump?

Reactions: grayhairedfreak
We need someone opposite MB very very badly. Use these two openings to go get some players!
They're already filled. OH Skyler Pierce and DS Olivia Mauch signed last month.

Pierce is 6-2 and from Lenexa, Kansas. She PrepDig's top OH and the fourth-best recruit in the nation.

Mauch is 5-6 and from Bennington, Nebraska. She's ranked as the 16th-best recruit, and the second-best libero.

If there's room for a transfer in the middle, they could let Mendelson play hoops.

Reactions: aNUstart
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT