ADVERTISEMENT

Husker VB 33-2!! Big 10 Champs!!

According asst coach Hunter, Maggie Mendolson has practiced well the last two weeks and deserved the start.

It sure seemed we could have benefitted from Bekka in set 3. She's bring a nasty attitude & fire to the match. It sure seemed like the team needed that.
First paragraph is correct and right from radio broadcast. Not the first time Becca been benched. Heck of a player but seems to be a little bit of an unbroken philly.

Laney-Choboy-2.gif

Reactions: SickOfPractice
I was yelling at the TV. Wanted the women to quit screwing around in that 3rd set, win and get home. They have another match tomorrow night. When the Huskers lost to Wisconsin in football, I felt fairly confident they were not going to make the BIG Championship Game so I made a deal with my wife. She went with me to a bar she doesn't like a couple of Friday nights ago to meet up with the ski gang and I agreed to go to a champaign tasting event put on by a wine club that some of our friends are members tomorrow night (Sat). I have to wear a suit, too. I would love to get out of it, but I cannot. Should be able to see a big chunk of the women's game before we go then watch it on my phone. I really don't think Iowa is going to be a challenge for Michigan. I think Harbaugh wants to rub the BIG's noses in sh*t for fu^king him over. This also gets me out of going to a Tom and Jerry party at the club on Sunday afternoon. I am old, but not that old.
I survived the champaign tasting. I don't want to say the room was full of old people, but they were calling me, "Kid". The women won. Got to see the first set and most of the second. Did not get to see any of Michigan's win over Iowa. Did Michigan play with little enthusiasm, or did Iowa put up a fight? I thought Michigan would run up the score more than they did.

Last edited:
I survived the champaign tasting. I don't want to say the room was full of old people, but they were calling me, "Kid". The women won. Got to see the first set and most of the second. Did not get to see any of Michigan's win over Iowa. Did Michigan play with little enthusiasm, or did Iowa put up a fight? I though Michigan would run up the score more than they did.
Brian Ferentz is the Oc of Iowa. That’s all you need to know

Reactions: Wasker77
Not very good scheduling at all. I hope the arena will still be full with the trash start time. Saw a clip of the Stanford 2nd round match and there weren't very many people in attendance for being a powerhouse program. Nebraska and Wisconsin have to be at the top of attendance and viewership.

Whitney Lauenstein from Waverly, who stepped away from Husker VB last winter, has entered the Transfer Portal according to the LJS & 10/11. I believe she has 2 years left to play.

I know she lost her father in 2021. That's rough for anyone, but particularly hard at a young age. I wish her all the best going forward.

Best of luck to Whitney! She hit a huge bump in her road in life she needed to deal with. I hope she lands in a good spot, please just not Wisconsin or Texas LOL

Just watched a reply on YouTube of a presser with Coach, Lexi & Merritt.

Coach Cook is none to happy with the 1 pm start, surprised the governor didn't shut down the state so the fans could show up and blow the roof off the stadium. He criticized the NCAA a few times.

Lexi mentioned Becca is fired up remembering losing in the same round last year.

Go Big Red !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan66
Not very good scheduling at all. I hope the arena will still be full with the trash start time. Saw a clip of the Stanford 2nd round match and there weren't very many people in attendance for being a powerhouse program. Nebraska and Wisconsin have to be at the top of attendance and viewership.
That's why we're at 1 pm

Louisville leads Creighton 1-0 in the game preceding ours on ESPN2. One good thing about a Louisville sweep would be the Husker's match starting on time at 1pm CT.

Last edited:
Best of luck to Whitney! She hit a huge bump in her road in life she needed to deal with. I hope she lands in a good spot, please just not Wisconsin or Texas LOL
Has to be tough to lose a parent and become a parent in such a short time period. Ive alweays wondered how colleges deal with birth control for female athletes. Like do they have a talk?

Hopefully ESPN2 moves to another channel for our start. BTW, ESPN2 challenge cameras stink

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT