ADVERTISEMENT

Husker VB 33-2!! Big 10 Champs!!

They're already filled. OH Skyler Pierce and DS Olivia Mauch signed last month.

Pierce is 6-2 and from Lenexa, Kansas. She PrepDig's top OH and the fourth-best recruit in the nation.

Mauch is 5-6 and from Bennington, Nebraska. She's ranked as the 16th-best recruit, and the second-best libero.

If there's room for a transfer in the middle, they could let Mendelson play hoops.
They need to force Batenhorst out then and replace her with a big time player.

• Love
Reactions: ATX Husker
They're already filled. OH Skyler Pierce and DS Olivia Mauch signed last month.

Pierce is 6-2 and from Lenexa, Kansas. She PrepDig's top OH and the fourth-best recruit in the nation.

Mauch is 5-6 and from Bennington, Nebraska. She's ranked as the 16th-best recruit, and the second-best libero.

If there's room for a transfer in the middle, they could let Mendelson play hoops.
I admit I'm a little puzzled over Mauch unless she intends to redshirt. I really hope Cook isn't recruiting over Choboy. She brings intangibles we have not had since Hannah Werth. Have to believe Choboy is heir apparent as libero after Lexi is gone?

I loved watching the team play this year, so did my fam. I don’t know enough about volleyball to understand.., how could we just not be able to receive a serve in the 2nd set. I’d never seen that before. What was O’Neal doing with her serve that made it so hard to bump?
I read somewhere that Texas was able to take the spin off the ball and it knuckleballed enough to really confuse our receivers. It must be a hard serve to lead because it doesn’t seem like anyone else utilizes that serve.

Not sure if this is the answer or not, but it seems to make sense.

Reactions: grayhairedfreak
I read somewhere that Texas was able to take the spin off the ball and it knuckleballed enough to really confuse our receivers. It must be a hard serve to lead because it doesn’t seem like anyone else utilizes that serve.

I wonder if our coaches were so sure Texas would lose to Wisconsin that they didn't do too much prep for it?

Reactions: ATX Husker

At least one of the Arkansas players did that too, and it gave NU some problems.

I admit I'm a little puzzled over Mauch unless she intends to redshirt. I really hope Cook isn't recruiting over Choboy. She brings intangibles we have not had since Hannah Werth. Have to believe Choboy is heir apparent as libero after Lexi is gone?
Mauch, lot many vball recruits, committed before her jr. year - so Choboy was also still in high school when Mauch was recruited. So I don't think it's a case of recruiting over Choboy, you take local talent when it's there, and I expect Mauch will redshirt - Choboy is amazing.

Same. From what I've read Caroline didn't know she was being redshirted until the day of the match at Memorial Stadium. I guess she was disappointed. I don't know how you wouldn't be - that experience was one for the ages.
I heard that not long before the UNO match the coaches found out Jurevicius was going to double major and expected to be in school for five years, so the logical thing was to redshirt her. Don't know if/how this was communicated to her. I too was looking forward to seeing what she can do. A colleague and I were talking yesterday about the need to free up two schollies for the incoming freshmen, we expected Kubik but couldn't decide on the second. I was kind of hoping Batenhorst would go, but I'm no insider and have no knowledge as to whether Batenhorst or Jurevicius would be the bigger loss.

At least one of the Arkansas players did that too, and it gave NU some problems.
At the beginning of the final four I recall the commentators saying the court was laid over the ice rink and that the cooler air would cause the ball to drop quicker and the ball would be harder. That combined with a knuckleball serve would definitely create problems. I never heard anyone complain about this setup, but I was surprised they would hold a national championship match in conditions that are different from what teams face all season.

Actually, the only reason I could Jurevicius leaving is if she thought she would be behind both Beason and Pierce. I don't know which side Pierce plays.
Neither do I, but Cook commented on her six-rotation capability, so she could eventually take Beason's spot at opposite after next year.

Reactions: aNUstart
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT