ADVERTISEMENT

Husker QB target Reese Mooney with crystal ball...

I like the logic that since Russell Wilson is short, we therefore should have no qualms in recruiting short quarterbacks. It's cute.

Also, Antonio Brown was a 0 star recruit.

Darren Sproles weighed 170 pounds.

Tom Brady ran a 5.28 40.

Maybe the secret for Nebraska's success is to recruit short, small, slow, unranked players.
I’m pretty sure no one came into this thread saying, “I love his height.” The only people defending his height are doing it as a rebuttal to those saying he’s too small.

If you want to pretend people in this thread prefer a short QB over someone who is a little taller, feel free. But no one, not a single person, is saying that.

I just watched some of his film and three things stuck-out for me:

1. A bit undersized and many of his throws were outside the pocket to assist with visibility.

2. Seems to be an accurate passer.

3. Arm strength doesn't appear to be quite there yet. Of course you can develop increased velocity on the ball, but many of the throws in his film would likely be picked by D1 DB's.
He does heave the ball a bit on his film. I think this is a pretty accurate assessment of what his film shows. I saw nothing that stood out to me, but film also doesn't tell you how competitive or how tough a player is or what his leadership ability is.. those intangibles are really important too.

I’m pretty sure no one came into this thread saying, “I love his height.” The only people defending his height are doing it as a rebuttal to those saying he’s too small.

If you want to pretend people in this thread prefer a short QB over someone who is a little taller, feel free. But no one, not a single person, is saying that.
So.... people do not prefer a short QB, but saying you do not prefer a short QB is wrong. Got it. I think. Laughing

So.... people do not prefer a short QB, but saying you do not prefer a short QB is wrong. Got it. I think. Laughing
You can say that all you want, but that’s not what you said in your previous post. You claimed people were advocating for short QBs because Russell Wilson is short.

I merely stated they pointed to Russell Wilson as an example to those who say short QBs suck. Not as an example that all short QBs are awesome.

Does that help?

Reactions: dinglefritz
Enlighten us, what is so special about Reese Mooney? Not being critical or sarcastic, just don't know much about 2023 recruits.
From what I’ve seen and heard on camp circuit. He throws the ball around 58-59 yards which is freaking bombing for a 10th grader. Runs well. His team was all 10th graders this past year. Kid is a big time leader also and a 4.0 student he started last 3 games and threw for a 1000 yards and 9 TD’s

You can say that all you want, but that’s not what you said in your previous post. You claimed people were advocating for short QBs because Russell Wilson is short.

I merely stated they pointed to Russell Wilson as an example to those who say short QBs suck. Not as an example that all short QBs are awesome.

Does that help?
You guys acting like the kid is 5’10. He is almost 6’2 verified. And in 10th grade. Lol why are we saying he is short.

Does that help?
Try using bold all capital letters and type slowly.....Winking

I just watched some of his film and three things stuck-out for me:

1. A bit undersized and many of his throws were outside the pocket to assist with visibility.

2. Seems to be an accurate passer.

3. Arm strength doesn't appear to be quite there yet. Of course you can develop increased velocity on the ball, but many of the throws in his film would likely be picked by D1 DB's.
He is 58-59 yards plenty arm. He is right at 6’2 he don’t have to roll out lol

Does that help?
Do you know what being facetious means? JFC! Lighten up for once.

How is he committed to Houston for baseball, if he's looking at other schools for football? I assume he knows he can't play two different sports at two different schools. Why doesn't he just play both sports at Houston?

How is he committed to Houston for baseball, if he's looking at other schools for football? I assume he knows he can't play two different sports at two different schools. Why doesn't he just play both sports at Houston?
He Comitted to UH over a year and a half ago. I think football took off. UH has offered I see on his page in football also.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT