ADVERTISEMENT

Husker media day notes

Pretty sure he gained weight on his own, by his own admission. I remember reading that he knew he was the starter coming into his sophomore season and didn’t work as hard as a result. Maybe frost and co. wanted to bulk him up, but he didn’t do anything to sculpt it it sounded like.
This is exactly how I'm remembering it too.

Pretty sure he gained weight on his own, by his own admission. I remember reading that he knew he was the starter coming into his sophomore season and didn’t work as hard as a result. Maybe frost and co. wanted to bulk him up, but he didn’t do anything to sculpt it it sounded like.
I thought he gained weight because 🤣

mark wahlberg munchies GIF

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
Amazing how things change once you have a real QB on the roster!
Yes! This 1000%. QB is the most important position on the team. And last year we did not have a real P5 QB on the roster. I don’t care what Kong says. HH is not a QB. But with our two new Freshman quarterbacks I have renewed optimism for our season.

Red flag! TC should be nowhere near a tackle position
He’s improved immensely and we need 2 guys ready to play there. People forget that our left tackle in our conference OFTEN ends up trying to block guys who are going to wreak havoc in the NFL too. I trust Don to put the best we have out there and I really like who he has recruited.

Yes! This 1000%. QB is the most important position on the team. And last year we did not have a real P5 QB on the roster. I don’t care what Kong says. HH is not a QB. But with our two new Freshman quarterbacks I have renewed optimism for our season.
I have no doubt that if called on, Haarberg would be better than last year but he’s not a drop back passer. I like the different threat that Haarberg’s legs bring but Raiola’s arm should help open up the run game for our backs.

There was talk some years ago of discontinuing the hard copy version, but I'm not sure. I can't find a link for an online '24 version.

Here is this year's version.

I have no doubt that if called on, Haarberg would be better than last year but he’s not a drop back passer. I like the different threat that Haarberg’s legs bring but Raiola’s arm should help open up the run game for our backs.
HH is not a running threat unless there are wide open lanes to run through. He has decent straight line speed but he is not agile, goes down easily, and fumbles often. His so called abilities as a runner are greatly exaggerated.

HH is not a running threat unless there are wide open lanes to run through. He has decent straight line speed but he is not agile, goes down easily, and fumbles often. His so called abilities as a runner are greatly exaggerated.
This.

I agree that he is not the most elusive but he has much better than decent straight line speed.

Reactions: king_kong_
Winningest Husker QB since Tommy Armstrong

That fact is not exaggerated one bit, no matter how much anyone dislikes it

There’s a reason he’s still here and started the spring game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT