ADVERTISEMENT

Husker Baseball vs Iowa 4/15

If we can't handle Iowa hitting so far it's going to be along series against Minnesota.

In before Dingle tells us Erstads 1-7 record against Heller since being hired at Iowa is not the fault of Erstad.

As far as this weekend series is concerned.
They have had a much better hitting line up from 1-5 then we do and that has been the differents.

Sure Erstad wouldn't disagree with this.

In before Dingle tells us Erstads 1-7 record against Heller since being hired at Iowa is not the fault of Erstad.

Dingle is an idiot and Erstad is a loser coach, and always will be. Fking IOWA just took a series on our own field...and Iowa is terrible.

Dingle is an idiot and Erstad is a loser coach. Fking IOWA just took a series on our own field...and Iowa is terrible.

Iowa is not a terrible team. I'm just as pissed as anyone losing the series from them but you'll find out their better then what you think done the road.

As far as this weekend series is concerned.
They have had a much better hitting line up from 1-5 then we do and that has been the differents.

Sure Erstad wouldn't disagree with this.
Yes. But, it's not Erstads fault that we have minimal power. I mean...he can't make guys powerful!(my best dingle impression)

Yes. But, it's not Erstads fault that we have minimal power. I mean...he can't make guys powerful!(my best dingle impression)

I know that you're smart enough that in baseball scholarships are given differently compared to Basketball or Football if you get my drift.

Dingle is an idiot and Erstad is a loser coach, and always will be. Fking IOWA just took a series on our own field...and Iowa is terrible.
I had actually played really good ball before the last two games of the NW series, which looks horrible. But they are a decent team. That with the top starter out for the season as well.

They have been pretty bad on the road and in the bullpen so I didn't see this coming at all. Tomorrow is on BTN I believe.

Iowa is not a terrible team. I'm just as pissed as anyone losing the series from them but you'll find out their better then what you think done the road.
They lost a series to lowly Northwestern last weekend. This series was at home-winning the series should be expected. Failing to do so is really inexcusable. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us get swept. But that doesn't matter. All that matters is that we have a Husker legend coaching us.

Erstads main assistant for offense needs to go. I know he helps Erstad with the iffense but Erstad isnt going anywhere soon.

In the last few weeks they have lost series to K-State and Northwestern. They are not good, but thanks to Erstdud, we're worse. Dammit, I'm tired of sucking ass in basketball and baseball. Fking ridiculous! Get rid of the dead weight coaches already!!

I had actually played really good ball before the last two games of the NW series, which looks horrible. But they are a decent team. That with the top starter out for the season as well.

They have been pretty bad on the road and in the bullpen so I didn't see this coming at all. Tomorrow is on BTN I believe.

Adams is really a fantastic hitter. Unreal. Lucky for you! I wish we would have pulled off the wins the last couple of nights, but hoping we take one tomorrow. :)

In the last few weeks they have lost series to K-State and Northwestern. They are not good, but thanks to Erstdud, we're worse. Dammit, I'm tired of sucking ass in basketball and baseball. Fking ridiculous! Get rid of the dead weight coaches already!!
They have now won 11 of their last 13 games and have a better record than Nebraska. They aren't as bad as you make them out to be but I can agree that Nebraska should win the series at home with how bad Iowa has been on the road.

Zero chance Erstad ever gets fired. He could go 0-56 and his job would be safe as long as he still wanted to coach here. He and he only decides how long he coaches here. In some people's minds, we essentially win the CWS every year he is our coach because all that matters to them is that a Husker legend is coaching us. People will deceive and delude themselves in any way possible just to keep themselves from believing that anything is ever his fault.

Adams is really a fantastic hitter. Unreal. Lucky for you! I wish we would have pulled off the wins the last couple of nights, but hoping we take one tomorrow. :)
Unlucky for us, he will probably only be around for this year. A great Juco find by heller. We are playing withhouse money tomorrow and I'm just looking forward to being able to watch the game on BTN.

I remember the days when we went into series against the top teams and fully expected to win, and sweeping was not a pipe dream. Now we are just hoping to not get swept at home. What a sad state this program has turned into.

Zero chance Erstad ever gets fired. He could go 0-56 and his job would be safe as long as he still wanted to coach here. He and he only decides how long he coaches here. In some people's minds, we essentially win the CWS every year he is our coach because all that matters to them is that a Husker legend is coaching us. People will deceive and delude themselves in any way possible just to keep themselves from believing that anything is ever his fault.

Haven't we made the NCAA tournament 2 of the last 3 years? And Baseball isn't a big revenue making sport.

We have enough trouble on our hands trying to get rid of a Basketball Coach who has one winning season.
Not saying we can't find a better Head Coach but he has been better than Anderson after Childres left us. (might have spelled his name wrong).

Haven't we made the NCAA tournament 2 of the last 3 years? And Baseball isn't a big revenue making sport.

We have enough trouble on our hands trying to get rid of a Basketball Coach who has one winning season.
Not saying we can't find a better Head Coach but he has been better than Anderson after Childres left us. (might have spelled his name wrong).
1 postseason win in 5 seasons-over the baseball powerhouse of Binghamton(that's sarcasm, by the way). That's what people were wanting when we hired Erstad? Making the NCAA tournament is one thing. Winning something there is another thing entirely. 10-15 years ago, making the NCAA tournament and going 0-2 would have been considered a disaster. Now people are just happy to get there? This program can and should do much better than that. Really, I'm not sure the program is any better than it was under Anderson. Erstad's teams wouldn't have a chance in the Big 12.

Iowa must be bad if they let neb win one of the last eight. What happened in that game anyway?

They have now won 11 of their last 13 games and have a better record than Nebraska. They aren't as bad as you make them out to be but I can agree that Nebraska should win the series at home with how bad Iowa has been on the road.

I'm just going by losing series to K- State and Northwestern. Based on previous performance, one would think that we should have won at least 2 out of 3 on our own field. But I guess I needed a reminder that Erstad is still Erstad.

I'm just going by losing series to K- State and Northwestern. Based on previous performance, one would think that we should have won at least 2 out of 3 on our own field. But I guess I needed a reminder that Erstad is still Erstad.

Context HuskerDoo. The weekend Iowa went down to Manhattan they were without Gallagher (the Friday night starter), and Eldred (the Saturday starter) had just been lost for the season due to an arm injury. So all things considered, winning 1 of 3 against K-State was understandable. The losses to Northwestern were bad (although Northwestern won again today). Iowa is not terrible. If anything, they've been a bit unlucky over the course of the season. They are in the top half of the league in pitching and most offensive categories. They've lost some very close games and the batting average with runners in scoring position hasn't been good (until this series against Nebraska). But the top 5 batters in Iowa's lineup could play for most any team in the league.

I remember the days when we went into series against the top teams and fully expected to win, and sweeping was not a pipe dream. Now we are just hoping to not get swept at home. What a sad state this program has turned into.

Those were the Dave Van Horne years... I don't recall the Tony Sharp years when we could walk into Buckbelzer studuim and think we could win the series every weekend.

Back in them days all's Bob wanted for a baseball Coach was a drinking buddy.Winking

Context HuskerDoo. The weekend Iowa went down to Manhattan they were without Gallagher (the Friday night starter), and Eldred (the Saturday starter) had just been lost for the season due to an arm injury. So all things considered, winning 1 of 3 against K-State was understandable. The losses to Northwestern were bad (although Northwestern won again today). Iowa is not terrible. If anything, they've been a bit unlucky over the course of the season. They are in the top half of the league in pitching and most offensive categories. They've lost some very close games and the batting average with runners in scoring position hasn't been good (until this series against Nebraska). But the top 5 batters in Iowa's lineup could play for most any team in the league.

We stomped K-State both games we played ' em and beat Maryland 2 out of 3. That's why I'm saying on paper we should have won 2 out of 3 this weekend. But I forgot about the Erstad factor, where invariably his teams tank every year at some point. Typical Erstad.

Reactions: Truehuskerfan
I'm definitely not an Erstad apologist. I was decidedly underwhelmed when he was hired and thought we would see very mediocre results - despite getting shouted down by the SuperFans who screamed otherwise.

But having said that, losing a home series to Iowa isn't the end of the world. Win today and NU is off to a 5-3-1 start in conference play, against three teams that were projected to be in the upper half of the Big Ten. That isn't great, but they haven't played their way out of the conference race. Get swept today and it might change my outlook, but with a win today I don't think the Huskers are in bad shape. Three of the last four series are against the bottom of the conference, so there's an opportunity to make up ground there.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I'm definitely not an Erstad apologist. I was decidedly underwhelmed when he was hired and thought we would see very mediocre results - despite getting shouted down by the SuperFans who screamed otherwise.

But having said that, losing a home series to Iowa isn't the end of the world. Win today and NU is off to a 5-3-1 start in conference play, against three teams that were projected to be in the upper half of the Big Ten. That isn't great, but they haven't played their way out of the conference race. Get swept today and it might change my outlook, but with a win today I don't think the Huskers are in bad shape. Three of the last four series are against the bottom of the conference, so there's an opportunity to make up ground there.
Great logical take. :Cool:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT