ADVERTISEMENT

Husker baseball kicking off the season at 8cst tonight!

Awesome! Thanks for posting link.
The streaming is a good effort but minimal production values coming out of the truck. They're only using 2 cameras, one above home plate and out behind the pitcher in center field. Minimal graphics too. Homer announcers. But we're watching, GBR!!!

Reactions: mgbreis
Pretty tough for cold weather schools to compete early. ☹️
I could see the Big Ten doing some early multi-team events in LA starting in 2025. Bring five Big Ten teams to each LA campus and play a four-game round-robin in each site. UCLA and USC get the benefit of having practiced outside in January/February, but everybody else would be on equal ground. Plus it would help increase the number of conference games played from 24 to 32 (two weekends out West for everybody) without having to schedule too many series later in the season.

I could see the Big Ten doing some early multi-team events in LA starting in 2025. Bring five Big Ten teams to each LA campus and play a four-game round-robin in each site. UCLA and USC get the benefit of having practiced outside in January/February, but everybody else would be on equal ground. Plus it would help increase the number of conference games played from 24 to 32 (two weekends out West for everybody) without having to schedule too many series later in the season.
I would love to get more conference series to have a better gauge on a regular season champion since it's not a true round robin, but it's also a way to cannibalize NCAA tournament chances when you just beat up on each other rather than playing more (hopefully quality) non-conference games.

Agreed. Don't know how to find it but that was one of my thoughts/predictions when that news of usc/ucla going to b1g first leaked. I think they should do some quad games or minny tournament style stuff over a 2 week period.

I'm completely clueless on details because I didn't watch today, but it seems like the bats are working better. The bullpen needs some work.

Yep we’re hitting early, especially Anderson. Got up 8-2, then gave up a 5 spot in the 5th. Things were testy in the 1st after they hit a HR and showboated, then Bolt got ejected in the 7th. Frustrating day.

Reactions: mgbreis
waterboy-we.gif

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Should have been able to win at least one game flying all the way out there..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT