ADVERTISEMENT

How to get guys to buy in?

husker2612

Recruiting Coordinator
Nov 29, 2010
I have seen some say it is Frost and staffs responsibility to have the team ready to play. I have been thinking on this, why isn't Frost able to get these guys to buy in. Why can't he get them motivated to play at 100%. I wanted to put blame on Frost and staff as well. Then I started thinking, what exactly can he do to force these guys to buy in 100%.
Sure he could bench them, but do we have the talent or depth to replace them? I don't think we do. I don't think it would motivate those players anyways. So aside from benching them, what else can Frost to force guys to play harder or better?

It's time to play the youngsters and walk-ons. We aren't winning a championship this year. Prepare for the future. Give the guys who want to be here and who are going to be here long term game time.

I have seen some say it is Frost and staffs responsibility to have the team ready to play. I have been thinking on this, why isn't Frost able to get these guys to buy in. Why can't he get them motivated to play at 100%. I wanted to put blame on Frost and staff as well. Then I started thinking, what exactly can he do to force these guys to buy in 100%.
Sure he could bench them, but do we have the talent or depth to replace them? I don't think we do. I don't think it would motivate those players anyways. So aside from benching them, what else can Frost to force guys to play harder or better?

Probably won’t happen until Frost has his players in place. Some upperclassmen are perfectly ok with losing and simply going through the motions. They’ve never had to compete at the highest levels. Frost said it himself that if players are still making silly mistakes then they are either 1) unable to do the right things or 2) unwilling to do the right things.

It's time to play the youngsters and walk-ons. We aren't winning a championship this year. Prepare for the future. Give the guys who want to be here and who are going to be here long term game time.

Here is the problem with that. I addressed my thoughts about this in another thread. I feel it is very difficult to change a culture and win in the first year. Your best players may not buy in, so, as a coach, you have to decide what is more important, culture or playing to win games. Unfortunately, most guys who make it to the level of P5 coach, don’t have it in their DNA to not try to win. And there is the rub. Player A is better than player B, even with lesser effort. Or Player A doesn’t fully buy in but even without the buy in, he is just better.

Catch 22 and the fact of the matter is most coaches don’t have it in them to bench their best players

Reactions: kidofSN
Here is the problem with that. I addressed my thoughts about this in another thread. I feel it is very difficult to change a culture and win in the first year. Your best players may not buy in, so, as a coach, you have to decide what is more important, culture or playing to win games. Unfortunately, most guys who make it to the level of P5 coach, don’t have it in their DNA to not try to win. And there is the rub. Player A is better than player B, even with lesser effort. Or Player A doesn’t fully buy in but even without the buy in, he is just better.

Catch 22 and the fact of the matter is most coaches don’t have it in them to bench their best players
Player D is better than #5

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE

I agree. I stated in another post that it's time for Frost to make a decision. A tough decision. I'm curious to see what decision he makes.

Time to cut bait on that guy...repeatedly takes himself out of the play by terrible angles...scared

Awesome. Answer the question I asked. WHY IS HE PLAYING? WHO IS MAKING THE DECISION TO PUT HIM ON THE FIELD?

Just pointing out what you think he is doing wrong doesn’t answer those questions.

F u i dont get paid millions to make the decisions or i would have his ass on the bench...how much did he play the second half?

Don’t know. I am in Tuscaloosa watching Alabama and aTm.

How much did he play?

But since you are apparently you are confused by my question. I didn’t ask you what you would do if you were the coach. So the fact that you don’t make millions to make the decision or that you would have him on the bench is not a relevant response. I see you are a little triggered by my question. Sleep it off

Don’t know. I am in Tuscaloosa watching Alabama and aTm.

How much did he play?

But since you are apparently you are confused by my question. I didn’t ask you what you would do if you were the coach. So the fact that you don’t make millions to make the decision or that you would have him on the bench is not a relevant response. I see you are a little triggered by my question. Sleep it off
Have fun champ...bet you're a laugh a minute

Saban and tuco meeting for drinks after the game...play hard to get man, hold out on big offers he tosses out

Looks like calling the players out this week for not buying in had the opposite effect.

My guess is that it was done to try to light a fire under the players asses and the opposite happened. I would assume they already knew who has had buy in issues.

Irony at it's finest for one player that wants to call others out.

Yeah and it's a slippery slope when your coach says these players should leave. Frost has shown he's willing to kick out players who aren't good or didn't think he needed but when it comes to players who haven't buyed in he continues to keep them around. I'd take a Ben Miles on this team before 90% of the players on our roster.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT