ADVERTISEMENT

How successful do you think Matt Rhule will be?

He's probably not winning 9 games next year, so I doubt he will achieve Pelini's level of success on the field.. his first 90 days on the job have been decent, but I'm not ready to anoint him as even a successful coach here.

Remember when everyone thought the Fraud was a no miss hire and all the chest thumping that went on before he even played a game..

I just cringe as I watch some fans go through the same routine again.
Then leave the board you won't cringe. You and Chucky should go take shots of fireball while pissing on anyone who wants to be positive. Good gawd it's January. It's a board for discussion. Not everything needs to be negative all the time. Find some happiness. You and Chucky seem miserable.

That's putting "the cart before the horse". First, he has to be wildly successful. Otherwise Penn State wouldn't even give him a whiff. We should be so lucky that Penn State is interested because that means we returned to glory.
Adding to that Franklin signed a big contract extension with the Nits a year or so ago. He isn't going everywhere anytime soon unless he leaves. Though the subject of him leaving does come up a lot.

If Rhule does well and PSU has a coaching vacancy then yeah it'd undoubtedly be tempting. But like you said that's putting the cart before the horse. Doubt it's much to worry about for the foreseeable future.

He's probably not winning 9 games next year, so I doubt he will achieve Pelini's level of success on the field.. his first 90 days on the job have been decent, but I'm not ready to anoint him as even a successful coach here.

Remember when everyone thought the Fraud was a no miss hire and all the chest thumping that went on before he even played a game..

Just hilarious watching this clown hope against all hope that the new Head Coach fails, what a sad little man.

How can you tell by listening that he would leave here by the drop of a hat..
I know things before they happen, thats why I picked lukso and kat before they went up 300%..
and least we forget

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78

I don't expect him to win 9 games his first year. Getting to a bowl game and having a winning season is a reasonable goal for his first season. I was speaking more in terms of long term success that he would a Pelini level coach, minus the embarrassing blowout losses to Wisconsin and Ohio State.

I don't expect him to win 9 games his first year. Getting to a bowl game and having a winning season is a reasonable goal for his first season. I was speaking more in terms of long term success that he would a Pelini level coach, minus the embarrassing blowout losses to Wisconsin and Ohio State.
I agree.. a bowl game and winning season is what matters most right now.

Drawing up comparisons to ex-coaches is more of a gaslight at this point.

I hope he is successful enough to be worth the multi-million dollar contract. IF he turns out to be worth the money, fans will be happy. But I don't know in advance what level of success there will be just like I didn't know for the last several coaches since Osborne. My predictions before the first season started (except for Callahan and Riley) were mostly wrong as I never thought that Callahan or Riley would succeed here from the day they were announced.

Yes sir! I miss like having a hole in my head with horribly inept HCs like Clownahan......it's about time we get a good HC.

I predict he will achieve Bo Pelini levels of success with 9-10 wins per season and will be more competitive in big games than Bo was.
Perhaps overly optimistic, but I see 7, maybe 8 wins right out of the gate with a steady 8-10 wins every year thereafter. Here are my reasons: Rhule is a proven program builder. In past situations, his first year has not produced a good record due to his "cleaning house" when he arrived at both Temple and Baylor. If I remember right, he only had around 50 scholarship kids at Baylor his first year and went 1-11.

In this day of the transfer portal, he can skip that lean first year and go right to year #2, when he had a big jump in victories at both Temple and Baylor. These guys are first-rate coaches. If they can get all the players, both new and returning, to understand and implement their system (which i think they will), and if the players all gell (like the new offensive linemen with the returnees), I see seven wins in '23 and even better results going forward from there.

Reactions: moralvictories
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT