ADVERTISEMENT

How many 40+ on here that still powerlift?

Suhrreal

Defensive Coordinator
Jun 1, 2009
Frost needs to take a page out of Dr. Tom's playbook and start running laps around the field for his physical fitness. Anyone that does a lot of lifting knows how much it taxes your body and requires tons of sleep for recovery. Sleep is probably the one thing a major head coach will never get enough of. Frost looks like he is still trying to lift for football. His brain is probably working at a huge sleep deficit right now and making him do things like put Hickman in on the goal line when Hickman has shown he does not want to hit anybody.

He should also ditch the mouth cancer. Smart people don't have wads of mouth cancer bulging out of their faces 24/7.

• Haha
Reactions: TheNewNU
Not anymore, I have degenerative disc disease and some bad knees, most likely from squatting too much when I was younger with powerlifting to supplement football. Messed up my ankles, feet, toes and fingers playing football. And quite possibly, my brain.

I'd be shocked if Scott wasnt on TRT. Also doubt he's maxing out and lifting super heavy either.

I don't "powerlift" per say, but I do lift regularly to fight my body getting older. And agreed OP, you do need extra sleep when lifting!

Not anymore, I have degenerative disc disease and some bad knees, most likely from squatting too much when I was younger with powerlifting to supplement football. Messed up my ankles, feet, toes and fingers playing football. And quite possibly, my brain.
This, this right here is why I stopped doing massive deadlifts and squats after graduating hs lol. I don't do high school sports anymore, as long as my legs are strong enough for my job and semi proportional I'm good. I need my back and knees for my career

Frost needs to take a page out of Dr. Tom's playbook and start running laps around the field for his physical fitness. Anyone that does a lot of lifting knows how much it taxes your body and requires tons of sleep for recovery. Sleep is probably the one thing a major head coach will never get enough of. Frost looks like he is still trying to lift for football. His brain is probably working at a huge sleep deficit right now and making him do things like put Hickman in on the goal line when Hickman has shown he does not want to hit anybody.

He should also ditch the mouth cancer. Smart people don't have wads of mouth cancer bulging out of their faces 24/7.
I don't know or care about any of that, but putting Hickman in to block when we get to the red zone is incredibly stupid. He is a terrible blocker and a terrible football player. The guy was threatening to quit when he wasn't getting playing time early, and I honestly wish he would have.

I don't know or care about any of that, but putting Hickman in to block when we get to the red zone is incredibly stupid. He is a terrible blocker and a terrible football player. The guy was threatening to quit when he wasn't getting playing time early, and I honestly wish he would have.
The fact that he is a WR with a combine confirmed 4.91 40, confuses me.

I don't power lift, but do try to squat pretty light weights once a week or so, partially on the advice of a hospice doctor who once told me old dudes often have issues getting up from the toilet later in life due to lack of leg strength, so trying to keep the quads somewhat healthy and strong. I'd like to do other heavy lifting, but have had rotator cuff issues in both shoulders, so I'm pretty limited in the lifts I can perform. I do generally think it's healthy for men to try to maintain some strength as we get older, though I don't think that has to mean squat/dead lift/bench press.

He's slower than the walkons. Useless as a WR, he needs to gain muscle and play blocking TE.
He's always going to be a tweener. Probably never going to be fast enough to be a receiver and not near good enough of a blocker to be a TE. Frost threw him a bone and gave him some playing time, but he's failed miserably.

If a coach is working so much that he isn't getting enough sleep the problem is not working out...the problem is that some coaches think they need to work until 10pm each day and get back to the office by 6am.

Coaches, somehow in the last 20 years, have convinced people that they need to put in these crazy hours. They don't.

Only firemen complain about their hours more than coaches (and female elementary teachers).

I started taking CBD for better HRV. I use a device that tracks my sleep quality and recovery. I'll never understand the ego behind power lifting for older guys. It wrecks the joints. I'm all about functional strength, flexibility and endurance. I stopped asking random dudes how much they could bench a dozen years ago.

Reactions: WHCSC
I started taking CBD for better HRV. I use a device that tracks my sleep quality and recovery. I'll never understand the ego behind power lifting for older guys. It wrecks the joints. I'm all about functional strength, flexibility and endurance. I stopped asking random dudes how much they could bench a dozen years ago.

Since you asked...it really depends on the day and what I am hoping to accomplish but like most of the guys that post here, I like to warm up heavy...10 sets of 10 reps of 315. As far as maxing, I, like every other poster here, am embarrassed to admit that I can only bench 505.

Not 40 but
I have a home gym and I utilize landmine attachments for most of my lifts. They allow more confidence and safety to the lifts. No worries of crashing forwards or backwards and each rep is very similar in terms of bar-path.

Viking landmine shoulder press
Viking landmine chest press
Landmine deadlifts with double D handle
Landmine Romanian deadlift

Others:
Hack Squat (utilizing old Total Gym with weight bar)
Cables for Back

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
Turning 39. Just got a power rack for the basement. No issues with the body yet. Also have a dual landmine attachment as well.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
If you are going to criticize Frost, pick something besides his physical fitness ffs. Your advice is for him is to jog around the field a few times?

I agree on the dipping

His physical well-being is important and if chronic lack of sleep is causing him to make some baffling decisions, it must be rectified. Dr. Tom's fitness regimen was well known. It was quick, convenient, and much more healthy than powerlifting to maintain an overweight BMI.

Is there anything that works right?

If a coach is working so much that he isn't getting enough sleep the problem is not working out...the problem is that some coaches think they need to work until 10pm each day and get back to the office by 6am.

Coaches, somehow in the last 20 years, have convinced people that they need to put in these crazy hours. They don't.

Only firemen complain about their hours more than coaches (and female elementary teachers).
Couldn’t agree more , my god my wife outworks my lazy ass all day every day because us high school teachers have it soooo easy. Elementary ...oh the struggle

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
Couldn’t agree more , my god my wife outworks my lazy ass all day every day because us high school teachers have it soooo easy. Elementary ...oh the struggle
They are so worried that if they don't grade that drawing of a house that little Timmy won't end up becoming a doctor.

Chew Grizzly and do a 5X5 workout. Does that make me a bad person? lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT