ADVERTISEMENT

How is Bill Moose doing as Athletic Director

How is Bill Moose doing as Athetic Director?

• Great

Votes: 196 79.4%
  • Good

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • All right

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Poor

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Need more time to evaluate

Votes: 14 5.7%

• Total voters
Still is handcuffing Miles and making it impossible to do his job, by not extending him during this season. I can't believe someone with so much experience as an AD would do something so horrible.

There's a fine line between being the contrarian/playing devil's advocate on one side and just posting stupid stuff on the other.

You often catapult over it.

Miles has not earned an extension yet, Moose is doing the right thing. 2 good seasons in 6 years. Tim's over all record @ NU is still below .500 and his conference record is waaayyy below .500. Huskers have one NCAA appearance under him in his first 5 years and they went one and done. Also, 2 months ago, most people wanted him fired after barely beating LBSU at home. Remember this team was 7-5 at one point. No one was thinking "contract extension" or "dance" then. Most were thinking why the hell did SE give him such a long extension, we need to fire this guy!!!

Let's have him prove he can actually consistently win and that his 2 best seasons @ NU were not due to a down year for the B1G conference. Having said all that, I really like Tim Miles. He is trending in the right direction. But his contract extension should be a result of him winning and being a good coach & not fear of recruiting. Besides, we see Tim does his best recruiting via transfers anyways. Next years team should be even better, so all goes well, he will get his contract extension. However, we all thought the 2014-2015 season was going to be amazing too...

Really hoping he's got something going here but lets not name coach Miles the next coming of John Wooden just yet. Winking

This post sums it up. It's about results. Moos will reward Miles based on success or the lack thereof. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy that get's hung up on appearances.

Hate to derail the thread but, Swiss, you make those biscuits in your profile pic from scratch?

Moos is doing fantastic! This is a football state. Nebraska is a football school. Moos is a football guy. I hope he stays awhile.

Lots of variety of beef raised in this state if he wants to ranch again. This could be an excellent match Moos and Nebraska U.
Only scratch.... great biscuits make a sunrise on a 16 year old girls ass look like Ebola.

There's a fine line between being the contrarian/playing devil's advocate on one side and just posting stupid stuff on the other.

Just being consistent. Sorry you don't like consistency

Just being consistent. Sorry you don't like consistency

I'm all for intelligent consistency.

Saying stupid things just to remain consistent....... not so much.

I'm not so sure Eichorst thought he could fire another of Tom's hires otherwise I think he may have canned Miles. It's the only explanation for why he waited so long to say he was bringing him back. I said it when Tom was involved with the football search. Firing Eichorst probably saved Miles's job for another year. Now it appears he may keep it on the merit of the season.
I've never felt the AD change affected Miles's situation much at all. A fourth bad season in a row was probably going to get him canned, whether it was by Eichorst or Moos, while a better season was going to earn him more time with either AD in place.

Reactions: Huskercigar
Eichorst was the same, except he hired a loser coach named Riley. Moos fell into Frost.

By all accounts of the recruitment of Frost and all the details, angles, and behind the scenes work I don't think the average person believes he "fell" into it. Many articles have been written and comments from relevant people in the know that it was a very precision like hiring and one that most people only believe a really great AD could have pulled off.

Reactions: davecisar
By all accounts of the recruitment of Frost and all the details, angles, and behind the scenes work I don't think the average person believes he "fell" into it. Many articles have been written and comments from relevant people in the know that it was a very precision like hiring and one that most people only believe a really great AD could have pulled off.
Oh, ok

Give Moos a couple more years and Nebraska will put one of these next to T.O.'s statue!

7I6SitR.jpg

Reactions: davecisar
He's only had one task so far (hiring a football coach) and he knocked it out of the park.

For as much crap as I have given Eichorst, it looks like Sean made the right decisions with our bball programs last year. Retaining Miles and hiring Williams were both decisions I had major doubts about. Moos is probably relieved that he won't have to buy out any more coaches this year.

I don't believe Miles' team winning is sustainable. Loved Moos hiring Scott Frost, but my Coug friends are not happy with his easy, no imagination hire of Ernie Kent as the WSU basketball coach. Moos and Kent partnered before with the Ducks. Kent is in his 4th year of losing at Pullman.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT