ADVERTISEMENT

How far will Gregory drop?

Saw a tweet last night that said if "what he heard was true" that Randy was "Undraftable." Hopefully not true, wish him the best. There've already been players with weed issues drafted as well so it goes beyond that, and anxiety doesn't make a guy like him fall out of the draft.
Undraftable because of weed issues? Gotta be something more than that.

I just don't understand what in the world would make him "undraftable," if he's also a great kid from a great family and the issue is no fault of his own (which have also been said in the reports). This whole thing is so bizarre.

Sounds like the teams found some things not to like when they did their homework on him. You'd better believe these guys talk to coaches, trainers, the lady who serves the creamed corn at the training table, the office manager at his apartment complex, they dig DEEP.

There were already questions about his motor and his "tweener" skillset, but the upside made him an appealing prospect. Something that these teams dug up off the field put a bunch more checks in the "cons" column about Randy, and not just one strike for weed.

I realize he's a Husker and we need to wish him well but I still can't understand the initial buzz about him. Maybe the scouts went back and watched every 2014 Husker game tape. Add in the stupid failed drug test at the combine and no one should be surprised.

First round athletic ability, third or fourth round football player.

I imagine undraftable is an exaggeration. If an accused rapist and confirmed thief can go #1, I can't imagine a thing that could drop Gregory from being drafted completely.

I think he's an outstanding athlete, but sounds like he has some issues he needs to work out. Add to that the fact that he's kind of a tweener position wise, not surprised he dropped out of the first round. Disappointed, but not surprised.

Reactions: BigRedGal
I imagine undraftable is an exaggeration. If an accused rapist and confirmed thief can go #1, I can't imagine a thing that could drop Gregory from being drafted completely.

I think he's an outstanding athlete, but sounds like he has some issues he needs to work out. Add to that the fact that he's kind of a tweener position wise, not surprised he dropped out of the first round. Disappointed, but not surprised.

its very curious to say the least, considering that the nfl has looked off many egregious personal issues before.

not that i need to know, but its interesting that nothing beyond cryptic comments and the ill timed failed grass test have come to light.

its very curious to say the least, considering that the nfl has looked off many egregious personal issues before.

not that i need to know, but its interesting that nothing beyond cryptic comments and the ill timed failed grass test have come to light.

There've already been multiple guys taken with various character marks against them. As has been well covered it's more than a weed thing. The other thing I've seen floated was that it wasn't the weed but the reason he was doing the weed. Makes me curious if it's not a character thing at all but a health thing. Perhaps there is more to the reason why he struggles so hard to keep on weight.

Never saw what the hype was about. Had some flashes of brilliance at NU, but no consistency. Needed to stay one more year.

You're kidding, right? He is one of the quickest, if not the quickest, to the QB that I've ever seen coming off the edge. He puts Grant Wistrom's quickness to shame. Now...If he can gain the weight needed, stay healthy, and remain motivated are other issues. But you can't teach what he has. His closing speed on the QB is amazing to watch.

Don't understand Gregory not going late first... rookie contracts simply aren't what they used to be which makes the draft a lot less riskier. Late first rounders are only getting 6-7 million over their contract (4-5 years). For reference purposes, Sam Bradford the first pick in the 2010 draft inked a 6 year deal for 86 million with 50 million guaranteed while Winston just signed a 23 million deal over 4 years 16 million guaranteed. Winston's contract would be comparable to 8-15 in the 2010 draft. For 1-2 million per year, about half of that being guaranteed is worth the risk.

On top of that, although I wasn't all that impressed with Gregory's play or understand why he was being projected so high, after watching this video I now understand why he just might be worth every penny some team spends on him....

Apparently Randy missed some meetings with teams during the process. At least 3. So that could be another reason he's tumbling

Apparently Randy missed some meetings with teams during the process. At least 3. So that could be another reason he's tumbling
He needed to be held accountable in college. Alas, his coach was pre-occupied with trying to get fired.

Its pretty telling when KB tweeted yesterday wishing "his boys" good luck in the draft but he did not mention Gregory. Also, he skipped meetings with three teams.... uh wth is he thinking.

He needed to be held accountable in college. Alas, his coach was pre-occupied with trying to get fired.

So much great stuff in this post. The idea of Bo holding anyone accountable is hilarious

ADVERTISEMENT