ADVERTISEMENT

How did James Williams slip through the cracks?

Based on his stats and measurables I don't think you could call him a late bloomer. I think it was a grades issue. Nothing wrong with that.

He was a late bloomer. He had a great Sr year, but he only weighed like 195 lbs his Senior year and didn't play meaningful minutes until he was a Sr. Not playing any minutes until your Senior year and having bad grades usually does keeps a kid from getting recruited.

Last edited:
Is that even a thing anymore? The graduate before moving on? He's 6'6 a year and a half from graduating high school. I doubt size was an issue. He was conference defender of the year and was a nominee for best defensive player in Missouri. What other reason would you think he's in podunk Iowa for? Normally a guy like that would be at NDSU or another FCS school if it was a developmental or size issue.
With the transfer portal it is more rare than it used to be. He didn't graduate from JC ball, Nebraska took him anyway. Redshirted even though he helped us last year. Now is probably our best outside pass rusher.

Reactions: headcard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT