ADVERTISEMENT

How crappy do you have to be to lose to Iowa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
God, what a bunch of losing losers.

stupid-empty-head-cat-cartoon-animated-gif1.gif

Does this show people how far we really to go to get better? One good game against MSU seemed to give a false idea of where this team and program really are. If we are going to compete with the elite teams of the country we have to get much much better in all areas.

The better question is, how much better do we need to be to beat teams like Stanford?

I think we're a lot closer then people realize. I could see beyond the rough edges and realize the potential. And the players that redshirted this year will benefit greatly from Riley and his staff. Recruiting this year will play a major role in how we move forward cause we're in play for some major talent. We need to build quality depth and Riley is getting the word out that Nebraska is definitely in play to win big!

Pretty crappy , that Herk team was an embarrassment to football looked like a D3 team out there. Loved how their soft D guys , just fell down untouched after getting burned , the youth league trick , get fried and fall down.

I think we're a lot closer then people realize. I could see beyond the rough edges and realize the potential. And the players that redshirted this year will benefit greatly from Riley and his staff. Recruiting this year will play a major role in how we move forward cause we're in play for some major talent. We need to build quality depth and Riley is getting the word out that Nebraska is definitely in play to win big!

We are close to being "competitive", but not a consistent top 10 or even top 20 team. There are some good players coming back, no doubt, but of the quality necessary to get to the top? The word that comes up is "potential" and until it is realized it is still just potential. I watched a few minutes of the ESPN recruiting special and was blown away by the top talent Alabama gets year in and year out. After them it was not even close.

We are close to being "competitive", but not a consistent top 10 or even top 20 team. There are some good players coming back, no doubt, but of the quality necessary to get to the top? The word that comes up is "potential" and until it is realized it is still just potential. I watched a few minutes of the ESPN recruiting special and was blown away by the top talent Alabama gets year in and year out. After them it was not even close.

We're so close that we had a full fledged dumpster fire this season down at North Stadium. Did you know that??? We did... but Riley didn't allow it any oxygen to cause it to explode. Riley didn't allow it to spiral outta control into a 1-11 season with multiple blowouts and a nuclear explosion. And believe me it was always right there around the corner ready to blow. What did Riley do instead... he had that same 6-7 team within inches of going 11-2 or 10-3 legitimately. Purdue was our only game that we totally blew. Miami and Michigan State were crazy games that split at the end. But both games we had to fight back to have a chance. Those are the three we probably could have three losses from. BYU, Illinois, Wisconsin, Northwestern, and Iowa should of all been wins if not for the dumpster fire.

Reactions: Husker Todd
BYU, Illinois, Wisconsin, Northwestern, and Iowa should of all been wins if not for the dumpster fire.

We lost many of those games because of questionable play-calling and/or clock management by the coaching staff. Hopefully they have learned from their mistakes. UCLA was a great game, but Riley has always been good in bowl games when he gets a month to prepare.

We're so close that we had a full fledged dumpster fire this season down at North Stadium. Did you know that??? We did... but Riley didn't allow it any oxygen to cause it to explode. Riley didn't allow it to spiral outta control into a 1-11 season with multiple blowouts and a nuclear explosion. And believe me it was always right there around the corner ready to blow. What did Riley do instead... he had that same 6-7 team within inches of going 11-2 or 10-3 legitimately. Purdue was our only game that we totally blew. Miami and Michigan State were crazy games that split at the end. But both games we had to fight back to have a chance. Those are the three we probably could have three losses from. BYU, Illinois, Wisconsin, Northwestern, and Iowa should of all been wins if not for the dumpster fire.

Eeko_O
59427427.jpg

Reactions: jlb321 and schuele
We lost many of those games because of questionable play-calling and/or clock management by the coaching staff. Hopefully they have learned from their mistakes. UCLA was a great game, but Riley has always been good in bowl games when he gets a month to prepare.

Nice talking points but that doesn't jive with reality.

We don't have to look too far into our distant past. Well coached, solid but not "good" players, beat the teams you should,...and lose against any well-coached team with a higher tier of talent. I congratulate Iowa. Unfortunately, this is the very best I see them doing unless they can recruit physical ability. Iowa maximized their wins, and I would like to see us maximizing our wins.

Michigan last year, 5 wins. Michigan this year, 10 wins.

Nice talking points but that doesn't jive with reality.

Someone who honestly believes that this coaching staff did a great job this season has no concept of reality.

It is a fact that we blew multiple 4th-quarter leads because of questionable decisions by this coaching staff. Blaming those choke jobs on the previous staff is delusional. One can only hope that this season has been a serious learning experience for Riley and his staff.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Someone who honestly believes that this coaching staff did a great job this season has no concept of reality.

It is a fact that we blew multiple 4th-quarter leads because of questionable decisions by this coaching staff. Blaming those choke jobs on the previous staff is delusional. One can only hope that this season has been a serious learning experience for Riley and his staff.

Maybe you should ask Nate Gerry what kind of coaching job Riley and his staff pulled off this year??? Gerry came out and admitted him and the others half assed it for the whole season after the Purdue game. Yet that incredible move of accountability gets whitewashed at every turn by the Botards.

Well when you get dominated by Purdue, I assure you that you are not going to beat Iowa let alone Stanford. However, keep being obsessed with Iowa. You have 10-15 threads on us right now, keep it up folks!

Well when you get dominated by Purdue, I assure you that you are not going to beat Iowa let alone Stanford. However, keep being obsessed with Iowa. You have 10-15 threads on us right now, keep it up folks!
You are on our board. Run along now and polish your Big 10 trophy, nope, Rose bowl trophy...nope, 12 win season trophy. PS In the time it took me to post this..Mccaffrey just set another record against your team!!:eek:

Reactions: baseball31ne
Maybe you should ask Nate Gerry what kind of coaching job Riley and his staff pulled off this year??? Gerry came out and admitted him and the others half assed it for the whole season after the Purdue game. Yet that incredible move of accountability gets whitewashed at every turn by the Botards.
What you said doesn't come off well for the current staff.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
You are on our board. Run along now and polish your Big 10 trophy, nope, Rose bowl trophy...nope, 12 win season trophy. PS In the time it took me to post this..Mccaffrey just set another record against your team!!:eek:

28-20 You still mad bro?

You guys have zero room to talk. Dissing Iowa State while having your ass handed to you on national tv. Yea you keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT