ADVERTISEMENT

Hoopster Ramel Lloyd Jr Enters Portal

Probably the least surprising Husker-related news this month. Would be nice to replace him with Frankie Fidler. Would love to get the Point Guard from Furman as well.
Yeah, we need a true point guard. Feel like we've been lacking that for a bit. Would like to get some athletic big dudes as well. Go find another Juwan Gary type and a couple true bigs.

I know nothing about Ramel or his dad other than he is at least well built to be a basketball player. Have to imagine there’s a reason he never saw the floor.

This team has a good chance to keep momentum going next year if Gary, Mast and Williams return. There could be some additional games both won and lost without Tominaga playing hero ball. Uhlis should be more of a true point, Lawrence could settle into a more suited role being a 2 guard. Diop and Rice are more athletic than Allick and Wilcher. Fred will add at least 2 transfers though.

He'll transfer to Toenail State, we'll all laugh, then next year when we are crying about our name missing on selection Sunday or extending our tournament futility of losses he'll show up in the sweet 16.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Yeah, we need a true point guard. Feel like we've been lacking that for a bit. Would like to get some athletic big dudes as well. Go find another Juwan Gary type and a couple true bigs.

What exactly do you mean by a "true point guard?" I see this take from several different people on here and it always puzzles me. Which B1G team had a "true point guard" this season?

What exactly do you mean by a "true point guard?" I see this take from several different people on here and it always puzzles me. Which B1G team had a "true point guard" this season?
Good point. Doesn’t seem to matter who brings the ball up for us, we like to run the offense through the high post.

To The “good we won’t miss him anyways” crowd: with the exception of a small amount proven players in the portal and a few moving on from mid-majors fans say that about everyone. So each kid that transfers in was considered worthless and won’t be missed by his previous team. Yet some of them do quite well. It’s more of a matter of the program being a good fit. So talk that way if you like but realize most of any transfers coming in here are also useless and trash.

Good point. Doesn’t seem to matter who brings the ball up for us, we like to run the offense through the high post.

We need an elite defender (guard) that doesn’t turn the ball over and can hit open shots. We need 1-2 athletic wings that can get their own shots when scoring is tough. And we need another quality big, ideally someone more athletic to counter Mask’s ability to stretch the defense and pass out of the post. We need a lot, it’s a tall order for Fred…

That stinks about Rice. He seemed to have a lot of potential
It’s unfortunate because he did have potential but his potential next year would have been a role player behind Brice and Juwan. Plus Lawrence will be playing mostly at the off guard next year. His minutes next season would have been less than he desired.

Reactions: TarheelHuskerFan
Chucky is a true point guard.

To The “good we won’t miss him anyways” crowd: with the exception of a small amount proven players in the portal and a few moving on from mid-majors fans say that about everyone. So each kid that transfers in was considered worthless and won’t be missed by his previous team. Yet some of them do quite well. It’s more of a matter of the program being a good fit. So talk that way if you like but realize most of any transfers coming in here are also useless and trash.

Our entire starting line up at the end of last year transferred in from another school or from Juco. Additionally our 6th man was also a transfer.

We will not miss any of the players that have left as they didn’t contribute much at all this past year

Our entire starting line up at the end of last year transferred in from another school or from Juco. Additionally our 6th man was also a transfer.

We will not miss any of the players that have left as they didn’t contribute much at all this past year
And he very well will go to another school and be a contributor. After you won’t miss him at all here. What gets missed is the potential and how a kid is after improving.

Most of the transfers in weren’t contributing where they came from and then as I said before were useless in others eyes. So go ahead and mock kids that leave, call them losers, afraid of competition etc but the reality is Fred relies almost 100% on transfers and they too are considered worthless.

And he very well will go to another school and be a contributor. After you won’t miss him at all here. What gets missed is the potential and how a kid is after improving.

Most of the transfers in weren’t contributing where they came from and then as I said before were useless in others eyes. So go ahead and mock kids that leave, call them losers, afraid of competition etc but the reality is Fred relies almost 100% on transfers and they too are considered worthless.
Pretty sure Mast, as a redshirt freshman at Bradley, wasn’t considered worthless. Average 8.6 points a game and 5.9 rebounds a game with 19 starts…

Williams was charlotte’s leading scorer before coming to Nebraska and was a second team C-USA selection…

Gary’s sophomore year at Alabama he started 16 games. Didn’t average a lot of points, but not a bench player.

Allick started 12 games as a freshman, all 22 games he played in as a sophomore, and 16 starts in 17 games played as a junior.

Fred is getting guys who started elsewhere, and the guys we are losing were bench players here.

I don’t think your argument is as strong as you think it is.

Pretty sure Mast, as a redshirt freshman at Bradley, wasn’t considered worthless. Average 8.6 points a game and 5.9 rebounds a game with 19 starts…

Williams was charlotte’s leading scorer before coming to Nebraska and was a second team C-USA selection…

Gary’s sophomore year at Alabama he started 16 games. Didn’t average a lot of points, but not a bench player.

Allick started 12 games as a freshman, all 22 games he played in as a sophomore, and 16 starts in 17 games played as a junior.

Fred is getting guys who started elsewhere, and the guys we are losing were bench players here.

Williams was CBI MVP in his last game at Charlotte

these types from actual basketball places are always welcome

It’s plenty strong. I’m sure some fans of the teams all of those left said we won’t miss him anyways.

It’s plenty strong. I’m sure some fans of the teams all of those left said we won’t miss him anyways.
All four of those players were starters.

If we had starters transferring, we would be asking why, not saying good riddance.

I’m sure SOME fans may say good riddance, so I guess your point is made, but I would bet it isn’t more than a handful.

You also called them noncontributors. The stats show otherwise.

My point was that Fred didn’t go after other teams’ cast offs, he brought in guys who started where they were before. The guys we are losing (so far) haven’t been contributors at all. BIG difference.

I’m not mocking them nor calling them losers. I’m simply pointing out that Rice is the biggest loss and he played in 50% of our games and averaged 4 points per game.

On the other side, Hoiberg has done an incredible in the portal the last two seasons. There is no reason to think that transfers being brought in this offseason will be cast offs as you suggest. In addition to our top 6 players this year being transfers, we also had Sam Griesel and Derrick Walker here 2 years ago who both transferred. Hoiberg has earned my trust in the portal these past 2 offfseasons

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT