ADVERTISEMENT

Honest Opinion on Rhule’s Staff

I’m going to offer up a different view but there are some players that just need to move on so that the team can get better. The ones that are a part of losing culture don’t have the mindset to win. They simply don’t know how and can’t find a way to win when things get tough.

Here we go again….we have an average coaching staff—it is what it is. Can’t expect us to be world beaters. Keep supporting the players.

I’ve said the following on this board probably 10 times. Great coaches hire the best assistants they can find. All the rest hire their friends. Of Rhule’s staff, I think only one didn’t have some previous personal relationship with him.

A great coach wouldn’t have hired Satt, whose record as OC has been subpar.

honest question:

what do you like about him?
I like the the design of his plays. Most of the time it player error that derails drive. I don't always like the way he calls a game. But for the most part I don't have many complaints.

I like the the design of his plays. Most of the time it player error that derails drive. I don't always like the way he calls a game. But for the most part I don't have many complaints.
I hate the design of his plays and under his leadership, we are one of the worst offensive teams in the B1G....the guy sucks and there is a reason that the SC fans were happy to see him go.

Satterfield has never been even average. SC fans were not sad to see him leave.

His offenses are now on year 2 -- and counting -- of sucking at his new program.

Foley is stealing $$$ from the program.

And McGuire holds the keys to the position group that, in many ways, determines whether Raiola stays here.

Satt isn't using his personnel correctly. He calls plays like he has shifty speedy players all over the field. He doesn't.. He has more big body possession type WRs and TEs so he should be using that size to his advantage. Not to mention he doesn't have a explosive RB that can run to daylight so it's really easy to bottle up his offense especially with no threat of the QB run.

A game like this will also negatively impact recruiting and possibly the current class.

Hopefully most of the recruits and their parents can see the big picture.

Reactions: cornwoman
Sorry Ed, but your special teams are embarrassingly bad.

Matt needs to shore up that part of his team.

Foley- Rhule buddy
Satterfield- Rhule buddy
Raiola- Only here because he happens to be DR’s uncle
McGuire- nepotism hire

Tony White- not impressed by today's performance but the other two phases aren’t helping.
Rhule went after guys who could recruit over coach. I assumed that ment he'd Rhule would be able to coach up the coaches but that's not happening.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
This game reminds me of the old joke.

Why did the man pound his head against the wall?

Because it felt so good when he stopped.

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT