ADVERTISEMENT

Home Opener Vs Fordham Sept 4

Doesn’t matter needed to be down for more than one reason...
I think it literally needed to be done for one single reason:

front load the schedule now that the team isn't traveling to Ireland

the economic impact of playing fordham on sept 4th versus SE La on whatever date is identical, minus, of course, the escape fee Moos undoubtedly had to pay for making the change plus whatever gift they're giving fordham

it's just good business!

I think it literally needed to be done for one single reason:

front load the schedule now that the team isn't traveling to Ireland
#2 bye week between tOSU and Wisconsin since the Big changed the conference schedule from 2019..

Here's a fun note:
Fordham is 5-2-1 all-time against Purdue, 1-0 against Indiana, and 5-8-1 against Rutgers. In the last decade, Fordham has played FBS teams nine times, going 2-7 with victories against Temple (2013) and Army (2015).

I like the scheduling part but am I the only person who things playing Fordham is a bad look?

We pay them 500K to come and SE 600K to not come. What a deal for SE. I hope the people come out in droves and saturate Lincoln and reignite things, that is the goal after all.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Per OWH, Fordham gets $500, 000. SE La gets $600,000 if game isn't rescheduled.
in this economy?!

too bad moos couldn't weasel out of the OU game for Holy Cross at home. then we'd really be talking about Lincoln as Boomtown, USA!

Playing teams like Fordham is no longer a bad look. All the major programs play pud schools too. People get it.
major programs play smaller schools all the time, sure.

it's been 70 years since one's come knocking on Fordham's door, though.

major programs play smaller schools all the time, sure.

it's been 70 years since one's come knocking on Fordham's door, though.
So? I doubt anyone one cares outside of Nebraska. Every week there are pretty big mismatches across the country. I just don't see how this is any different or a 'bad look' in comparison.

It's a home game early in the season. It's likely to not be picked up by tv so that allows us to schedule it later in the day or evening and have a big recruiting weekend. No disrespect to Fordham but it is a pretty sure win and it gives us a bye week before Wisconsin. All while not really costing us anything if we reschedule SE Louisiana in a couple of years. Maybe we lose out on some tv revenue but it will be worth it.

Reactions: WHCSC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT