ADVERTISEMENT

Holmes coming to the spring game.

This does help a lot. Wasn't he going to OSU's spring game?

I'm kinda "meh" about it. Don't get me wrong, love having him here and its better than him being anywhere else. But there's nothing earth shattering on the horizon for him.Kid loves being here. Knows the support is great here. He's spent more time here than practically any other recruit.That's not really the question. He just has to decide that he wants to be here and commit to it.

I'm kinda "meh" about it. Don't get me wrong, love having him here and its better than him being anywhere else. But there's nothing earth shattering on the horizon for him.Kid loves being here. Knows the support is great here. He's spent more time here than practically any other recruit.That's not really the question. He just has to decide that he wants to be here and commit to it.
It helps him to continue to grow a relationship with the staff and recruits. He can also talk to guys who aren't committed about how great Nebraska is. Nothing "meh" about it, it's a big deal.

He's going to be tough to get from Stanford, but the more he visits the more I like his chances.

It helps him to continue to grow a relationship with the staff and recruits. He can also talk to guys who aren't committed about how great Nebraska is. Nothing "meh" about it, it's a big deal.

He's going to be tough to get from Stanford, but the more he visits the more I like his chances.

I get that. Not trying to be a downer. I was more excited when he posted this:

Told another Huskers site this afternoon that as of right now, not coming to Lincoln.

Reactions: KFDVM
He was supposed to be going to Tennessee I thought. I know it's going to be hard to pull him from Stanford but the more he comes around especially with his teammates you have got to like our chances getting better landing his commitment. If we can land him he can come in and start immediately. I can't wait for Saturday GBR!!!!!!!

Told another Huskers site this afternoon that as of right now, not coming to Lincoln.

Darnay retweeted this earlier today of his teammate. And I think people automagically thought Darnay was coming. The post from the OP says "maybe" essentially on Holmes himself. I don't have a subscription so I don't know if the recruiting analysts confirmed Darnay was coming.

Last edited:
The phrase "there's been a change in plans" has a terrifying meaning to it if you happen to be from West Point NE and know of a certain Flower Shop "incident" from years ago...

Along with Keyshawn, Gebbia and 2018 teammate Brendan Radley-Hiles. A four star DB.

Tristan Gebbia‏@tgeb13

There's going to be so much talent at the spring game, now we got to close them.
1f60e.png
@keyshawnnnn
Cf8NGGKUUAI3sQS.jpg

Well he was supposed to go to Tennessee as part of a larger group of recruits. That group visit to Tennessee got cancelled and he then wanted to go to Lincoln with his friends instead. Reportedly though his Dad told him after his tweet was posted that there would be no visit for him any where this weekend. So I think it is safe to say he's not going to Tennessee but will have to convince his Dad if he wants to go to some where else.

I wondered if I missed this incident or completely forgot.

In short..the Flower shop dude solicited a "action" over the net. Guy from Texas(?) came up..took it in the shorts(so to speak) and when he thought it was his turn, he was informed...there's been a change in plans...and he was kept trussed up or something in the basement for a month or so, getting the business.

So he will be at the spring game with other top level talent, looks like a good chance to kick the 2017 class off to even higher levels.

In short..the Flower shop dude solicited a "action" over the net. Guy from Texas(?) came up..took it in the shorts(so to speak) and when he thought it was his turn, he was informed...there's been a change in plans...and he was kept trussed up or something in the basement for a month or so, getting the business.

Reactions: HuskerO
http://siouxcityjournal.com/news/st...cle_31a45835-ac0a-570a-b9ea-a89d9d3a4466.html

I think this is the story people are referencing. I hadn't heard of it before, but it is pretty twisted.

And http://journalstar.com/news/court-u...cle_d05dd4f6-a65a-5d85-bd80-b96111399f61.html is the update where the offender tried to get his sentence reduced.

It does seem to be a pretty gray area, because the two men apparently discussed in detail what the arrangement was and so they lived it out. But the "victim" apparently changed his mind and pressed charges after the fact.

Last edited:
Good grief...I do remember that! Thanks for the reminder :-0

Indeed!

dodgeball.sm_.jpg

original.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out how this thread got here? Laughing

It got there due to the phrase the Recruit typed in his Tweet above....'There's been a change of plans"

According to legend...when Flower Shop Dude was done pounding Texas guy like a cheap cutlet, Texas dude wanted to have his go at Flower guy. Flower guy apparently said....yeah...there's been a change in plans....and kept him trussed up like a turkey or something. Not sure if white turkey mittens were included but let's assume so for the visual alone.

I shudder whenever I hear that.

I think what you are referring to actually happened in Wayne, Ne.

Oh, the ol' chain 'em up in the basement story...

The guy was from Madison, taught art in Howells for many years, and basically always had secrets to keep everywhere he went.

He now resides at a male only public facility at Tecumseh

Last edited:
Oh, the ol' chain 'em up in the basement story...

The guy was from Madison, taught art in Howells for many years, and basically always had secrets to keep everywhere he went.

He now resides at a male only public facility at Tecumseh

I bet he's a pretty popular guy there.

Reactions: Husker Hank
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT