ADVERTISEMENT

High school football update

I admit I do not know how Nebraska does their classifications.

For the most part, I have found Nebraska and Kansas pretty close in most of their rules. In KS we were on two year cycles and the numbers were separated boys and girls from classes 9-11 from the previous year. Occasionally, you would get the odd situation where a team would have one sport on one class and another class in others because of numbers in those classes and numbers to field teams.

I cannot believe in my wildest imagination, any state association weighing facilities in a decision where teams were placed. I used to go to those meetings every year, it was very cut and dried assuming your secretary counted correctly which I heard happened one time.
Nebraska does it the same they classify girls sports by girls numbers( 9-11) and boys sports by boys numbers(9-11) . They reclassify every year except football is done on a two year cycle. Ya OP was full of shit on the facilities comment.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
Your point doesn’t stand. You said you played in a bigger class because you had a rich family that got you an extra gym. That was completely false. Now I do agree on some of the towns as you mentioned having immigrants and the kids not playing sports. How is that the NSAA fault not sure what they can do.
No it wasn't and my high school is still class B in wrestling that is 100% just a football metric. They are also class B in track as well. My point stands. We shouldn't be class B in anything. We are a lower class C school. SO yes, my point does stand.

I admit I do not know how Nebraska does their classifications.

For the most part, I have found Nebraska and Kansas pretty close in most of their rules. In KS we were on two year cycles and the numbers were separated boys and girls from classes 9-11 from the previous year. Occasionally, you would get the odd situation where a team would have one sport on one class and another class in others because of numbers in those classes and numbers to field teams.

I cannot believe in my wildest imagination, any state association weighing facilities in a decision where teams were placed. I used to go to those meetings every year, it was very cut and dried assuming your secretary counted correctly which I heard happened one time.
I always love the private school qualifiers!

Oh...you are 300 boys...well lets see here, multiply that, add this...now you have 450 students. Moving up a class!

So my point stands. Why should a school with 90 kids have to be class B in any sport where their enrollment is 400 ie Ralston? Also, towns like Lexington and places that are high immigration areas are going to get hosed. Barely any of those kids play sports unless there is a soccer team.

Good info though.
That is the hard part. A lot of the OPS schools have a hard time getting players out. @PeliniTheCrutch What does Benson have this year for FB 9-12...30 kids?

They are going to play Millard South in a week and it will be a blood bath.

That is the hard part. A lot of the OPS schools have a hard time getting players out. @PeliniTheCrutch What does Benson have this year for FB 9-12...30 kids?

They are going to play Millard South in a week and it will be a blood bath.
Haven’t seen them this year, but I’m guessing that number is pretty close.

At least when we played them last year, we(both teams) agreed to get the running clock going as soon as it hit 35 points, as opposed to waiting until the 2nd half.

So does the QB from Westside (Braylon Warren), he's an Elkhorn South kid. Tay Tay their stud RB just transferred from Central. It goes on and on at Westside and Millard South, most stud players are transfers jumping on those teams.

Heard Millard South added 11 players this past year that were already starters at their previous schools...
But let’s take away a state championship trophy because someone neglected to turn in paperwork on a kid who legit moved into the school district.

Haven’t seen them this year, but I’m guessing that number is pretty close.

At least when we played them last year, we(both teams) agreed to get the running clock going as soon as it hit 35 points, as opposed to waiting until the 2nd half.
Nice!
But let’s take away a state championship trophy because someone neglected to turn in paperwork on a kid who legit moved into the school district.
Ha! Westside tattled on that Gretna kid before the clock hit 0. Ha!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT