ADVERTISEMENT

Henry Gray enters portal

Baffling and frustrating, there's no other way to spin it. Kid is very talented, you sign a 4* kid and not only does he never play a snap, he doesn't even stay around until the season starts. Complete "WTF" situation.

I don't know if the data backs it up, but NU feels snakebitten when it comes to highly-rated kids. Seems like more than our fair share end up as busts or transfer out.
I think the numbers would support your thoughts.

Going back to Tyler Moore's class it's been a huge chunk of highly rated kids leaving or never even showing up.

I can't think of another school that comes close to what we've dealt with....and if there is one, I feel bad for them.

This makes me sad. I thought he was solid and was a good “fit.”

Also nervous since he worked as a peer recruiter. Hope he doesn’t take anyone with him.

*edit- I totally missed the family situation thing. I wish the kid the best, but that sucks.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
This Corona or whatever debacle is taking the toll. Kids are home instead of being an early enrollee. Really was hoping he would be successful here. Someone got to him. Too bad.

MQE3.gif

he typed that literally as news broke we landed a 3/4 star WR from SEC country with LSU, OSU, Auburn offers

this thread will be, conservatively, 6-8x longer than the Shawn Hardy II commitment thread
I get the sentiment but there’s only so many gifs or cliche comments you can throw in a commitment thread before it seems repetitive. Complaining gives you so many more options.

I think the numbers would support your thoughts.

Going back to Tyler Moore's class it's been a huge chunk of highly rated kids leaving or never even showing up.

It's hard to develop players if the kids you bring in transfer or just don't want to work hard & compete. We've had way too many four star kids that we spend hours speculating about, then celebrate signing them and then they transfer or become dead weight in the program due to preexisting injury issues, drug issues, lack of work ethic, and/or lack of actual talent.

Baffling and frustrating, there's no other way to spin it. Kid is very talented, you sign a 4* kid and not only does he never play a snap, he doesn't even stay around until the season starts. Complete "WTF" situation.

I don't know if the data backs it up, but NU feels snakebitten when it comes to highly-rated kids. Seems like more than our fair share end up as busts or transfer out.
I said weeks ago that this virus was going to have a lot of kids re-evaluating their life choices. For the first time in some of their lives it suddenly isn't all about them in many cases. When you consider the possibility of losing a family member things can change quickly. I don't know what his reasoning is but I think we'll see a ton of this for at least the next year.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
We will definitely take a dip in recruiting this year. We'll have to have to resort to Walk-Ons, 2-Star, & 3-star players for the next few years. I don't see we getting into the top 15 rankings from recruiting services and some of the good players 4-star players that is on the team might transfer like Henry Gray. It will be hard to get highly rated players to come here with players wanting to go to SEC, ACC, and 1-3 Big Ten teams.

This is the fear I've had since the 2019 season went into the crapper. From a national perspective all of SF's shiny glitter wore off as season 2 became a cluster ****. That's what makes last year even more disappointing. The guy is a good closer and I know it's early but 2021 is going to be a small class and with the recruits we have now I don't see us making the top 30. I really hope I am wrong and a big season (9 wins) could turn it around.

Rumor has it another 4* DB from last years class may be out the door as well.

This staff better start hoping they can keep the 4 star talent around. Not sure they can win without it.

Reactions: bigredhunter
This is the fear I've had since the 2019 season went into the crapper. From a national perspective all of SF's shiny glitter wore off as season 2 became a cluster ****. That's what makes last year even more disappointing. The guy is a good closer and I know it's early but 2021 is going to be a small class and with the recruits we have now I don't see us making the top 30. I really hope I am wrong and a big season (9 wins) could turn it around.
If he’s as good a closer as you say he is, he should have no trouble pointing out the number of one score losses we had the last two years… These players could make the difference between losing and winning. Not that hard of a sell, if he is a good closer.

It's hard to develop players if the kids you bring in transfer or just don't want to work hard & compete. We've had way too many four star kids that we spend hours speculating about, then celebrate signing them and then they transfer or become dead weight in the program due to preexisting injury issues, drug issues, lack of work ethic, and/or lack of actual talent.
That is a recruiting failure of the coaching staff in the player evaluation phase.

That is a recruiting failure of the coaching staff in the player evaluation phase.

what? How the hell is that on the staff, how was they to know he’d have family problems and have to go back to Florida? That’s why he transferred back to Florida. Unless the coaches have psychics on the staff, you aren’t going to see that coming while evaluating the player.

SWIowahawks liked that post....lmfao. Yep, he’s a real level headed and rational guy, let me tell you. GTFO with that. That’s as stupid of comment as you can post. Let alone, like it and agree with it.

Last edited:
He wanted to go to a school that he felt cared about him as a human being

Maybe.... who knows ... for all we know he might have done some soul searching and decided playing in bowl games is important.
what is it, bowl games or being ‘treated like a human being’?

your lay-off from the board has left you rusty. all the passive aggressiveness, none of the actual points.

either way, glad you’ve been able to sustain your hatred for the program through all this. I’m sure you’ll get your fastball back after a few more weeks of posting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT