ADVERTISEMENT

Henrich impressed with NU, Ruud and Duval....

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
http://journalstar.com/sports/huske...cle_1e18cc06-9532-5678-973e-ed6381ed28b4.html
He came away thoroughly impressed, particularly with Zach Duval’s strength and conditioning program.

“It was a great time getting to know the coaches and really getting to sit down with them,” Henrich said. “The one thing I was really surprised by was their strength coach was absolutely amazing. He was even better than I could have thought. I had heard he was as good strength coach, but some of the stuff he knew, it was really crazy.”
Duval’s put an emphasis on not just his lifting regimen but also using technology to help optimize nutrition, sleep patterns and any other data that can turn into an advantage. That all gets rolled out to show a recruit like Henrich.

“They got into a lot of it and it was really crazy to see some of the stuff they have,” he said. “It’s cool what they do.”

Last edited:
The Huskers wasted little time following up, as inside linebackers coach Barrett Ruud was at Burke first thing Wednesday morning as part of a swing through several Omaha schools. Ruud likely knows his way around Burke as well as some students there at this point, as he’s been a fixture there since arriving at NU in December. That’s allowed he and Henrich to build a strong relationship.

“He’s a really great coach,” Henrich said. “It’s always good when a former player becomes a coach because they really know the player’s perspective and they know how to play the position. He obviously did it at a really high level.”

Really hope we keep this top talent in state. He has a lot of big name offers. Sounds like he is a top priority for Frost and Ruud.
"Before my senior season starts I want to get my commitment out of the way so I can focus on my senior season."

Henrich is the state's top prospect in the 2019 class and a national recruit. He ranks No. 75 overall nationally, according to 247Sports. If he stays in the top 100 when the final rankings are published, he will be 247's highest-rated recruit from Nebraska since it began ranking prospects in 2010.

Last edited:
I think the kid is much faster version of Jon Hesse. I've been touting him for some time though. If DeLuca had this kid's athletic ability, he'd be a 2nd day draft pick.

_Lsf4tkf_400x400.jpg

Really hope we keep this top talent in state. He has a lot of big name offers. Sounds like he is a top priority for Frost and Ruud.
"Before my senior season starts I want to get my commitment out of the way so I can focus on my senior season."

Henrich is the state's top prospect in the 2019 class and a national recruit. He ranks No. 75 overall nationally, according to 247Sports. If he stays in the top 100 when the final rankings are published, he will be 247's highest-rated recruit from Nebraska since it began ranking prospects in 2010.

I also REALLY hope the Huskers can land Henrich, he's an absolute must have and I'm really excited that he wants to commit early by the end of the Summer.

Hopefully Frost can land Henrich's teammate Hickman as well at tight end, he's also a 4* at Scout. I want both of guys soooo bad!
I have confidence in Frost!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT