ADVERTISEMENT

Hello Huskers!!! Question for ya....

Hawkman34

Mar 17, 2002
Getting nervous and excited for the game in about 2hr 45 min. So here is my question. How many senior starters do the Huskers lose this year. You guys could be poised for a return to what you expect next year....

GO HAWKS!!!

Getting nervous and excited for the game in about 2hr 45 min. So here is my question. How many senior starters do the Huskers lose this year. You guys could be poised for a return to what you expect next year....

GO HAWKS!!!
I think on offense the Huskers lose 3 offensive linemen, Cross the running back, Janovich the full back. On defense Maliek Collins may leave early for the NFL, Gangwish the defensive end, and a couple of defensive backs

Definitely need some difference makers on the offensive line.

We lose a lot of the OL, but other than that not too much. I think we'll be in good shape on the interior OL with who we have coming back but we don't have many natural tackles on the roster.

DT Maliek Collins very likely leaves for the NFL but we're deep at DT next year. Bit thin at DE again and need a pass-rushing DE, as you'll see shortly if you haven't noticed already. Return every single linebacker on the 2-deep, and only one starter and one other guy who's getting a lot of time in the defensive backfield.

Every WR and TE who has gotten double digit receptions returns. Tommy Armstrong returns--not every fan is thrilled but not like we have any clear replacement on the roster right now. RB Cross graduates, but plenty of backs return. FB Janovich graduates and he's special at that position.

GO HAWKS!!!
I think we lose 18 seniors. Not sure how many are actually starters besides cross, and Janovich. Probably Collins to early NFL. Good news for us is none that leave will be as big a hit a losing Ameer last year. All are pretty easily replaceable. May need to get some Juco guys in but not because we are losing so much but because positions were short already.
If we can end the season strong (beating Iowa and winning bowl game) we have a pretty good shot at coming out of the gates swinging next fall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT