ADVERTISEMENT

Heisman Race

I think we lost to Iowa State and Texas Tech that year prior to losing to the B12 brass and refs in championship game. I wonder had we only had 1 loss and the B12 championship if that would’ve given Suh the trophy. It’s all history but I wish we could’ve had the 08 offense to match the 09 D, might have won it all.
Zac Lee was garbage.

I don't think Hunter is really all that great of a football player. All of his highlights come against less talented competition. His biggest claim to fame is his endurance, and people are somehow convinced he should win the Heisman based on that alone, which is ridiculous. He may be really talented, but when you aren't focused on mastering a single position and can't gain or keep the muscle mass and strength needed to dominate (because you are running 100+ plays every week), we will never know in college how good he can/could be. Unfortunately we won't see him against elite competition, since Colorado plays in the Big 12, but in the past he was virtually invisible.

Let me put it this way, If I have a loaded roster and I'm looking for that one guy that can make a difference I wouldn't be looking at Hunter. It would be a guy like Cam Ward, Ryan Williams, Ashton Jeanty, Etc. Those dudes are actual game changers.
Take a lap

Reactions: TOMHP
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT