ADVERTISEMENT

Heard a good Coach Frost interview clip today

huskerfan66

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Dec 8, 2004
Said one of his younger players came to him recently and said one of the seniors told the younger player he was jealous that the younger player was going to get 3 more years in this offense with this staff.

The players get it

Said one of his younger players came to him recently and said one of the seniors told the younger player he was jealous that the younger player was going to get 3 more years in this offense with this staff.

The players get it
I heard that clip as well. I feel really bad for the seniors on this team who in most cases didn't quit last year and then stuck around for the transition. They've never really had the experience they should have as a Husker. It's kind of been that way ever since Frank was canned. That's not a comment on Frank's coaching ability. It's a comment on how the culture of the program changed for all those years after Tom retired. At least during Frank's tenure some semblance of the Husker culture was still here other than the staff discipline.

I heard that clip as well. I feel really bad for the seniors on this team who in most cases didn't quit last year and then stuck around for the transition. They've never really had the experience they should have as a Husker. It's kind of been that way ever since Frank was canned. That's not a comment on Frank's coaching ability. It's a comment on how the culture of the program changed for all those years after Tom retired. At least during Frank's tenure some semblance of the Husker culture was still here other than the staff discipline.
I, too, was feeling bad for these seniors, but one thing that has helped me is the fact that these seniors will be welcomed back as huskers the rest of their lives (or at least for as long as Frost is coach).

It sucks that their lone experience with Frost and his staff is going to end up being a losing season, but they will be remembered as the class that started the restoration project, and that is huge.

I, too, was feeling bad for these seniors, but one thing that has helped me is the fact that these seniors will be welcomed back as huskers the rest of their lives (or at least for as long as Frost is coach).

It sucks that their lone experience with Frost and his staff is going to end up being a losing season, but they will be remembered as the class that started the restoration project, and that is huge.
They'll forever be Huskers and will be able to appreciate the turnaround when it happens. If anything, these guys have shown great character when they could have bailed and no one would have blamed them, but they stuck it out. That is experience and character building that you can't buy.

A huge thank you to all Huskers who gave effort and stuck it out.

I hope Frost is here a long long time. When it does come time for him to step down, I hope whoever is in power remembers these last 15-20 years and doesn't make the same mistakes. Nebraska football is Nebraska football for a reason. There is no need to change what isn't broken.

Last edited:
This senior class just really got unlucky like no other senior class we've had. They've had to go through two head coaching changes and the defensive players have had 4 different coordinators-not to mention losing a teammate and the long losing streak too.

Reactions: husker2612
This senior class just really got unlucky like no other senior class we've had. They've had to go through two head coaching changes and the defensive players have had 4 different coordinators-not to mention losing a teammate and the long losing streak too.
Yeah, I doubt their college football playing career is going to be a great memory to tell their kids/ grand kids about. To bad because, they had potential for so much more than what they got.

Reactions: Truehuskerfan
Yeah, I doubt their college football playing career is going to be a great memory to tell their kids/ grand kids about. To bad because, they had potential for so much more than what they got.
Some of these guys with the year they've had individually will have some good memories. Win out and it somewhat changes the conversation.

Reactions: husker2612
The seniors (and juniors) can hold their heads high, they went through a lot of crap these past few years. Hopefully they will look back and see they were the catalyst that helped get Nebraska football back on the right track.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT