ADVERTISEMENT

Have players quit on coaches

I am struggling to even call Nebraska a team at this point. There is no leadership. Not from the coaches, not from the players. I saw 11 individuals out there playing today. Juniors and Seniors are still aligned with Bo, many of them know they have no future in the league so they are just phoning it in at this point. This team has no direction, no goal, no drive. If this is the product they put on the field just have equipment check in tomorrow and call it a season.

Reactions: canaham
I even used the word quit and it's not the right word. I first noticed it against Northwestern and it's more like not giving 100%. They're just playing the game... and that's it. Some are doing this worse then others. And i think others are just not very good.

I even used the word quit and it's not the right word. I first noticed it against Northwestern and it's more like not giving 100%. They're just playing the game... and that's it. Some are doing this worse then others. And i think others are just not very good.
Are they playing just like they are coached?

Yep, there is very little fire and "give a shit" on this team. They are just going through the motions of football. Not really playing it. Hard to know if that is a result of poor coaching or poor player mentality

Are they playing just like they are coached?

No they're not.
A player that cared would want to keep his scholarship. They know this is coming yet they have accepted it and almost played to guarantee it. Riley has given enough second...third...fourth chances.

The silly "players quitting on coaches" thing is just wishful thinking from disgruntled fans. Not playing with focus and intensity is a culture problem that needs to be fixed ASAP, and you have to wonder whether the program has anyone who can address that issue.

Players take on the personality of the coaches. Coaches that preach toughness,usually have tough teams. This isn't a vintage Nebraska team,but they are underachieving to me. Corvallis wasn't the problem. Great salesmen can sell anywhere! No excuses!

Reactions: Gimmered
Did the players quit? I would ask, did they ever start?

The team has looked lackluster all year.

I didn't think they quit. Sure didnt't seem that way when Fyfe stepped up and hit westy who broke three tackles going into the end zone.
We just aren't a good team. Simple as that.

Reactions: Gimmered
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT