ADVERTISEMENT

Has Scott Frost made a public comment since his dismissal?

Redmich

Senior
Jun 21, 2022
Patrick Ewing after getting fired at Georgetown:

“I am very proud to be a graduate of Georgetown University,” Ewing said in a statement. “And I am very grateful to President [John J.] DeGioa for giving me the opportunity to achieve my ambition to be a head basketball coach. It is particularly meaningful for me to be in charge of the basketball program at my alma mater. I wish the program nothing but success. I will always be a Hoya.”

I don't recall any such statement from Frost, which begs the question - is Frost a Husker?

Frost wasn't much better than Ewing, but Ewing did see the writing on the wall more than frost did

He did release a statement:*

“Nebraska, thank you for allowing me to spin one great year as a coach into a massive contract and meritless extension. Even though I crapped the bed every single season, many of you never stopped believing I was close. For that, I thank you. I also thank you for the Arizona mansion I don’t deserve. GBR!”

*Joking!

I admit I didn't like the Frost hire after his initial press conference and really didn't like it or him after he threw players and the previous staff under the bus during his first year. But Jesus, Mary and Joseph let it go. I don't know that it is healthy to exhume his failed time at Nebraska every 3-6 months.

There is a great scene in Money Ball where Brad Pitt is telling Jonah Hill how to fire someone. He says something to the effect of just get it over with, would you rather have one to the head or five to the chest and bleed out.

“I am very proud to be a graduate of Georgetown University,” Ewing said in a statement. “And I am very grateful to President [John J.] DeGioa for giving me the opportunity to achieve my ambition to be a head basketball coach. It is particularly meaningful for me to be in charge of the basketball program at my alma mater. I wish the program nothing but success. I will always be a Hoya.”

I don't recall any such statement from Frost, which begs the question - is Frost a Husker?
I think he's going to contact you very soon on this matter, watch your emails!

Reactions: rolanders
I think he's going to contact you very soon on this matter, watch your emails!
Nah. I just thought it was interesting that given their similar circumstances one (Ewing) chose to leave with class while praising his alma mater and the other did not

No

Maybe he hasn't made a statement BUT he sure cashed in again by selling his home in Lincoln for the highest price ever paid for a house sold in Lincoln.

• Wow
Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
Maybe he hasn't made a statement BUT he sure cashed in again by selling his home in Lincoln for the highest price ever paid for a house sold in Lincoln.
Yeah, and the buyer has to pay somebody 20 grand to sandblast the disgusting white paint off the red bricks. I see that on the home improvement shows my wife watches. I hate it when someone paints a beautiful brick home white or black.

Yeah, and the buyer has to pay somebody 20 grand to sandblast the disgusting white paint off the red bricks. I see that on the home improvement shows my wife watches. I hate it when someone paints a beautiful brick home white or black.
I’m about ready to paint the red brick on my house. It absorbs heat in the summer and holds it so much that you can hardly stand to sit on my west facing deck after the sun goes down. Takes forever for my house to cool down at night. I would never use a dark brick again on a house. It’s beautiful but man.

Frost is the perceived villain but it was Ronnie Green and Bill Moos who came to the podium to announce a two year extension to a second year coach who hadn't done $#!+. He was in a three game losing streak and had two in conference blowouts.

Completely and utterly unnecessary bs.

Frost is the perceived villain but it was Ronnie Green and Bill Moos who came to the podium to announce a two year extension to a second year coach who hadn't done $#!+. He was in a three game losing streak and had two in conference blowouts.

All 3 should have been fired, with cause. Complete “professional” malpractice

In Moos’ defense… he was so wasted (and not even on campus) 98% of the time. He thought “National signing day” was for handing out completely asinine extensions

the only thing worse than Moos giving Frost an extension was Alberts bringing him back for year 5
Disagree.. Gave him more time to land someone like Matt Rule..

Some one else would be in his second year and wouldn’t have the momentum we have now in recruiting…

Reactions: bigboxes
Disagree.. Gave him more time to land someone like Matt Rule..

Some one else would be in his second year and wouldn’t have the momentum we have now in recruiting…
Trev Alberts - Oct 2021

“I'm proud of what Coach Frost and our staff has done. We've got four games in the next five weeks that I think are a great opportunity for us, and I'm really looking forward to seeing them play well against Purdue.”

They went 0-4 -and Trev still retained Frost. Same thing with Hoiberg - his main objective isn't to win

Thank goodness he lucked out with Rhule
the only way Rhule doesn't win big ten titles at Nebraska is if Trev gets in the way

retaining frost after 4 failed years was a worse decision than the extension after year 2

Last edited:

Who cares?

I’m about ready to paint the red brick on my house. It absorbs heat in the summer and holds it so much that you can hardly stand to sit on my west facing deck after the sun goes down. Takes forever for my house to cool down at night. I would never use a dark brick again on a house. It’s beautiful but man.
Interesting. I hadn't thought of that.

Trev Alberts - Oct 2021

“I'm proud of what Coach Frost and our staff has done. We've got four games in the next five weeks that I think are a great opportunity for us, and I'm really looking forward to seeing them play well against Purdue.”

They went 0-4 -and Trev still retained Frost. Same thing with Hoiberg - his main objective isn't to win

Thank goodness he lucked out with Rhule
the only way Rhule doesn't win big ten titles at Nebraska is if Trev gets in the way

retaining frost after 4 failed years was a worse decision than the extension after year 2
Lucked out with Rhule? I am pretty sure that he has not coached a game at Neraska yet.

Reactions: CatColumbia
In Moos’ defense… he was so wasted (and not even on campus) 98% of the time. He thought “National signing day” was for handing out completely asinine extensions
True. But when he came here, his smooth talking got every Husker fan a hard-on. Same thing that is going on now with Matt. I like the dude and think that he might be a good coach, but prove it in the wins and losses column. Tired of all of the hype and the talk. Prove the shit on the field before everyone gets wet. Cmon on Matt, show me.

• Haha
Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
True. But when he came here, his smooth talking got every Husker fan a hard-on. Same thing that is going on now with Matt. I like the dude and think that he might be a good coach, but prove it in the wins and losses column. Tired of all of the hype and the talk. Prove the shit on the field before everyone gets wet. Cmon on Matt, show me.
Comparing Scott Frost to Matt Rhule is insanity.
Frost always was what he proved he was but Nebraska fans didnt want to view him that way and those without a brain may have got the hard on.
Frost was always polarizing and his circle of friends and supporters that would put up with his aloof arrogant attitude was always small with more people that didnt like him than did. Thats hard for a HC to get around.
He was also sloppy and lazy whenever someone wasn't riding him hard. Nebraska set him up for failure from the start by giving him too much rope and as many expected-he hung himself..
Rhule is the opposite of Frost . Hard work and effort go a long ways. These two guys are on different levels!
Keep trolling though

Frost has never been a “smooth talker”. He could barely communicate a coherent thought. That doesn’t mean he couldn’t coach but his PR skills were horrible. I still think he would be a great OC working for the right head coach.

Reactions: bshirt73
Frost has never been a “smooth talker”. He could barely communicate a coherent thought. That doesn’t mean he couldn’t coach but his PR skills were horrible. I still think he would be a great OC working for the right head coach.
Well in his defense, even if he had a coherent thought, it would be hard to communicate it with the a mega dip in his mouth 24/7. I always wondered how that went over with recruiting because he looked like a hick on TV to me.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT