ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Opening Day, Baseball Fans!

king_kong_

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2021
Lots of intrigue as always

This the year the Royals and Buccos return to the playoffs?

Colorado Rockies managed to reach a deal with Comcast to keep their games on cable.

This is the one and only thing the Rockies are better at than the Nuggets and Avalanche.

FLY THE W!
tenor.gif

Oh my gawd, all this Royals talk is making me hot. There really is no reason they couldn't contend for the division.... cuz it sucks. Ragans might be the steal of the decade if he backs up what we saw at the end of last season. I may have jinxed him though, got him on my fantasy team (The Rusty Kuntz All-Stars)!

Oh my gawd, all this Royals talk is making me hot. There really is no reason they couldn't contend for the division.... cuz it sucks. Ragans might be the steal of the decade if he backs up what we saw at the end of last season. I may have jinxed him though, got him on my fantasy team (The Rusty Kuntz All-Stars)!
I’m Royals heavy in roto this year

Witt
Ragans
M Garcia (.285, 90 R, 30 SB very possible)

Reactions: mgbreis
I’m Royals heavy in roto this year

Witt
Ragans
M Garcia (.285, 90 R, 30 SB very possible)

I've got Garcia and Salvy on a roto team. Also, McArthur, he is basically free and I think he will be closing very soon.

If you play Yahoo, MJ counts as a catcher there, which makes him a great free option at C. So I planned to have him there, but didn't actually end up with him on any teams.

Am I seeing today's schedule correctly - only a single game - Cubs/Rangers - is airing on a major broadcast network? (Unless you count the game on ESPN+ - I don't).

Why oh why does MLB seem to hate the idea of letting fans watch their product?

Go Cubs Go!!

FLY THE W!
I really like the lineup this year. Busch at 1st will be interesting until Wisdom is off IL. I'd definitely like to see some guys hit for better average, but there's a lot of potential, particularly defensively where this team looks loaded. And that's with PCA still hanging out in AAA. He looks to be a defensive phenom in waiting.

The pitching staff however worries the shit out of me.

I really like the lineup this year. Busch at 1st will be interesting until Wisdom is off IL. I'd definitely like to see some guys hit for better average, but there's a lot of potential, particularly defensively where this team looks loaded. And that's with PCA still hanging out in AAA. He looks to be a defensive phenom in waiting.

Agreed. I was hoping the offseason would bring some arms in. I guess we will see.

He’s the king of the opening day homer

Probably will only need 130 games to clip that over, but therein lies the issue
8 seasons ago was the last time he played a full schedule. So sad to think what could have been statistically from him....

Reactions: king_kong_
Taking my son down there next Thursday

I legit forgot the Rangers won the Series last year. It's like it didn't even happen. As long as the Dodger$ choke again I will be happy. The Ricketts continue to treat the Cubs like a minor league payroll

Of course the Cubs opening day starter, Justin Steele goes down with a leg injury, and the Cubbies lose the game in the tenth.

I've got Garcia and Salvy on a roto team. Also, McArthur, he is basically free and I think he will be closing very soon.

If you play Yahoo, MJ counts as a catcher there, which makes him a great free option at C. So I planned to have him there, but didn't actually end up with him on any teams.
Garcia is RAKING to start the season!

Reactions: headcard
Garcia is RAKING to start the season!

He hit it hard last year, but now he’s getting it elevated. He already hit for average, and is an elite base stealer. Adding some power will make him a star. He’s going to win some fantasy baseball leagues for people this year. But he won’t get the Royals to the playoffs unless their bullpen gets their shit together.

Reactions: king_kong_
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT