ADVERTISEMENT

Hadn’t seen this posted on Raiola

A stat that is scary for our defense is that Indiana ranks first in the country in RPO offense. Nebraska ranks 92nd in defending the RPO. Hopefully, we improved our defense of the RPO during the bye week.

Where do you find a stat like that? Have we played anyone except Illinois that runs any RPO?

We have below average wideouts. Hopefully teams don't figure this out and go exclusively man from here on out.

The 44% vs man may have to do with the multiple deep shots that have hit the receiver but they don’t pull it in.

Do pass interference calls count as incompletions? If so that has to play a large part too because there’s been a ton.

Was gonna make the same point/question. Are PIs factored into these QB ratings? Nevertheless, beating man coverage comes down to 3 main things, 2 of which Riaola has little control over…

1. Identifying who has single coverage or your “hot route(s)” at the line of scrimmage.

2. WR beating his man and/or taking the ball away in tight single coverage.

3. O-line providing time to push the ball downfield with accuracy.

As a team we need to figure out how to be better when teams try and lock us up in man coverage. Dylan is a big part of that equation, but WRs and OL have to do their job as well.

Reactions: Bremser
Where do you find a stat like that? Have we played anyone except Illinois that runs any RPO?

UTEP and Colorado run a lot of RPO (especially UTEP) and we shut them down. IDK anything about his stats, I assume they’re accurate, but they may not tell the whole story? 🤷‍♂️

A stat that is scary for our defense is that Indiana ranks first in the country in RPO offense. Nebraska ranks 92nd in defending the RPO. Hopefully, we improved our defense of the RPO during the bye week.

I’m not saying we won’t struggle with Indiana, it’s very possible we might. But I do find it hilarious so many are acting like 6-0 Indiana is a team that should be seriously feared. Find this stat for me, Indiana’s SOS. Not for the whole season or for their remaining schedule, for the 6 games they have played so far. The combined record for their first 6 opponents is 14-22.

Florida Int. 2-4
W. Illinois 2-4
UCLA 1-5
Charlotte 3-3
Maryland 3-3
Northwestern 3-3

I mean, I’ll give it to you they have just come through the murderers row of their schedule, 3 straight teams with a .500 winning percentage. I realize our opponents combined record is only marginally better at 16-20, but we have played 3 teams with a winning record Illinois 5-1, Colorado 4-2, and Rutgers
4-2. Reading all the bellyaching on this message board you would think we were 1-5, not 5-1.

The 44% vs man may have to do with the multiple deep shots that have hit the receiver but they don’t pull it in.

Do pass interference calls count as incompletions? If so that has to play a large part too because there’s been a ton.
Plays that result in DPI do not count.

Therefore they do not result in attempts nor incompletions.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT