ADVERTISEMENT

Greg McMullen?

crymsonsteel

Junior
Feb 12, 2006
Heard earlier today, this last weekend he was back in Ohio hanging out with Avery Moss. McMullen hasn't been to practice since Monday. Reilly is expected to make a formal statement tomorrow. Me thinks Pelini is gonna try and pull players away from Nebraska. I think the statement tomorrow will be telling us McMullen is transferring to YSU.

I'm not panicking on the first rumor I hear, but will say if it's true it's a huge loss.

I don't know that Pelini is trying to pull players from Nebraska, but there's an announcement of "big news coming" on McMullens twitter account, a couple days after he visited with Moss and Pelini. But remember, players transfer all the time after coaching changes; just doesn't necessarily mean Pelini contacted him first.

Ya never know. Carl, Moss and company could have showed him things you only dream about in a weekends time.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

It wouldn't make any sense. But it is true that he was absent from practice yesterday, and he posted "Big news coming" on his twitter account over the weekend.

He's by far our best DE right now, so I hope it's all nothing.

I mean I get that some players would be loyal to a former coach. I also get that some players may not like the new coach in a coaching transition. But going from a potential breakout star at a P5 team to farting around Youngstown State would be true idiocy on a supreme level. Like dumber than Pitchford leaving early for the NBA dumb. Makes no sense unless there is somehow more to the story.

Originally posted by kerpal_68:
I don't think anyone starting in one the top 5 conferences would be dumb enough to transfer to ysu.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Dito, what does YSU have to offer over at this stage of his career.

Originally posted by crymsonsteel:
Heard earlier today, this last weekend he was back in Ohio hanging out with Avery Moss. McMullen hasn't been to practice since Monday. Reilly is expected to make a formal statement tomorrow. Me thinks Pelini is gonna try and pull players away from Nebraska. I think the statement tomorrow will be telling us McMullen is transferring to YSU.
What exactly do you mean by "hanging out with Avery Moss"?

Originally posted by headcard:

Originally posted by sparky62:
This could get real interesting.
What are you hearing Sparky?
Not really hearing anything. I was just thinking that if this is true it could get real interesting. I hope it's not true though.

Originally posted by N-sane:

Originally posted by crymsonsteel:
What exactly do you mean by "hanging out with Avery Moss"?
roll.r191677.gif

ouch. If true, this likely costs us a game or 2 @ least next year. The thinnest spot getting thinner. GM is the only D-end I know who can really play. Not saying the others can't, I just haven't seen anything yet.

Texts are flying he is practicing today, any confirmation OP?

I still don't get why Brandon would make a formal statement about a teammate...

jlb, right click on the picture and select "copy image location". Once you have that, click on the box right next to the smiley face in a new message and past the image location on the top line.

.....ta da....

2981120-jpg.2522

Originally posted by HuskerTimOmaha:
Texts are flying he is practicing today, any confirmation OP?

I still don't get why Brandon would make a formal statement about a teammate...

jlb, right click on the picture and select "copy image location". Once you have that, click on the box right next to the smiley face in a new message and past the image location on the top line.

.....ta da....

thank-you.jpg

Seems like an odd thing to have happen for a guy who is taking #1 reps. Perhaps he was asked to consider what his priorities are for some reason? Or just going through a rough patch?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT