ADVERTISEMENT

Going to Madison Thurs - Sun for next week's game....

Bunch of libs in the area so watch out.

They're just like a lot of fan bases; some good, some bad. I remember reading about their fan base insulting Tom Osborne and some elders as they rode on a golf cart to the game. There's a high chance the ones hurling the insults are Clinton voters.
Good advice re the evil doer liberals and also probably a bad idea for women to wear skirts as there are a few Trumpies lurking in dark corners.

Loved the trip there a few years back. We partied at bars the day of the game and they were all tons of fun and totally packed.

Reactions: huskerbux
Any words of wisdom? Places to eat or visit? Best bar? Are the girls as loose as Lubbock?

Also, the cab system in Madison is awesome...except after games. Bus system is another great option. Those libs love a good publica transporation system (I'm being serious, the bus sytem is amazing, accurate, fast, etc.).

They're just like a lot of fan bases; some good, some bad. I remember reading about their fan base insulting Tom Osborne and some elders as they rode on a golf cart to the game. There's a high chance the ones hurling the insults are Clinton voters.
Oh the humanity!

Reactions: MikeRileyGBR
Had a great time tailgating and mixing with their fan base two years ago. Like someone mentioned, good and bad with all teams but I didn't experience the bad at all in the pregame and the people we sat with were all fun. Now some of that may be due to the fact Gordon was running for the record books but still had a good time

Definitely steer clear of the libs! I heard they have the devil inside of them.

Reactions: forNU
Ha! I doubt most who posted here even know what a libertarian is...

I can't believe people incorporate politics into every aspect of their life. What a horrible way to live.

Have fun to those that go. Should be a good game.

GBR

Reactions: forNU
Just a heads up that the game will fall on Halloween weekend. Madison attracts unbelievable crazies for Halloween weekend from Illinois and all over. So you are going to run into people that have nothing to do with normal Madison and Wisconsin Badger fans if there is such a thing. Liberal and hippie hysteria next weekend.

Just a heads up that the game will fall on Halloween weekend. Madison attracts unbelievable crazies for Halloween weekend from Illinois and all over. So you are going to run into people that have nothing to do with normal Madison and Wisconsin Badger fans if there is such a thing. Liberal and hippie hysteria next weekend.
I can agree with this. Part of the reason they started charging a fee for "freak fest" on State Street is to prevent unwanted ruckus being caused by freeloaders from out of state looking to cause trouble.

Archie, you coming back for this game!? My wife and I are taking Sparky and his wife to the game. Gonna be a great time! Not sure what to do yet. Thinking about hitting up Regent street and a few of my buddies tailgates to give them full exposure to the scene around Camp Randall. I don't typically go to the bars before a game because I don't want to wait a half an hour for a drink but I want them to get the total experience.

Reactions: sparky62
Archie, you coming back for this game!? My wife and I are taking Sparky and his wife to the game. Gonna be a great time! Not sure what to do yet. Thinking about hitting up Regent street and a few of my buddies tailgates to give them full exposure to the scene around Camp Randall. I don't typically go to the bars before a game because I don't want to wait a half an hour for a drink but I want them to get the total experience.

Sadly, I won't make it up this year. If so I'd be down!

Have a great time and make sure Todd drinks a couple Old Fashions.

MJ, are you part of the MadTown Huskers group? If not, you should swing by Babe's for the game this afternoon. If so, introduce yourself to me! Nametag = Greg.

If Archie and Sparky vouch for you, you can't be all bad.
I brought Archie and Sparky Spotted Cow and Hopalicious as well as about 5 pounds of fresh cheese curds and 12 year old aged cheddar to the first Wisconsin vs Nebraska game in Lincoln. They really had no choice but to like me. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Archie Graham
I brought Archie and Sparky Spotted Cow and Hopalicious as well as about 5 pounds of fresh cheese curds and 12 year old aged cheddar to the first Wisconsin vs Nebraska game in Lincoln. They really had no choice but to like me. :D

That's when I knew you were a great guy!

....but what the heck? You gave Sparky the freaking 12 year? I know him. He doesn't deserve the 12 year! :)

....but what the heck? You gave Sparky the freaking 12 year? I know him. He doesn't deserve the 12 year! :)
Laughing Make it back here for a game and I'll hook you up. I'm sure you miss the Big 10 Pub!!! And the Big 10 Pub misses you! It's still open. There were rumors it was sold and closing down but looks like things are just the same.

Sconnie girls are very underrated. And it's Halloween so Freak Fest will bring out all the crazies. Anyone dressing up or getting tickets for the State Street extravaganza? I highly recommend checking it out if you're looking for a one of a kind block party.

Last edited:

Oh that hurts. Just wait till you see your next batch of wings. Lets just say they might be a little raw.

Reactions: mjhill
What do you think Spark!? Think we can convince the wives to take a stroll through Freakfest on State Street? Man its gonna be one helluva long day.

Reactions: sparky62
What do you think Spark!? Think we can convince the wives to take a stroll through Freakfest on State Street? Man its gonna be one helluva long day.
Is that on Friday night & if so it should be a piece of cake. Ya only live once.

Is that on Friday night & if so it should be a piece of cake. Ya only live once.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT