ADVERTISEMENT

GO NAVY

Go Army beat Navy. Army is 8-2 this year. Sorry about Hijacking your thread but Army > navy. :)

Go Army beat Navy. Army is 8-2 this year. Sorry about Hijacking your thread but Army > navy. :)

I'd say that the world's bad guys are more afraid of our Navy than the Army. It's that dominant. Just need to keep those guys from harming themselves. Ugh.

I'm buddies with an Army guy who was in the draw down in Iraq as we pulled out. I believe he said two years over there. That's nuts.

Last edited:
Reactions: bomber89
I'm also close with a 72 year old Vietnam vet. He was awarded a purple heart. Was in the infantry. My uncle did three tours in Nam in the infantry. Was awarded the Bronze Star. I have some pic somewhere of him being pinned by younger Colin Powell.

Reactions: bomber89 and dpnavy
I came THIS close to going to that concert last night! How was he?

Dude. It was on my bucket list. Give me sec...

c66UQBzl.jpg

E9fTtvMl.jpg

OmDH0AKl.jpg

Tkxltdcl.jpg

Dude. It was on my bucket list. Give me sec...

c66UQBzl.jpg

E9fTtvMl.jpg

OmDH0AKl.jpg

Tkxltdcl.jpg

I’ve been to 7 shows (4 at billy bobs thru the years) and at lone star park. The last show he looked and sounded weak. If you love willie Nelson his best album imho is the vh1storytellers CD with just him and Johnny Cash (just those two and two guitars)- unbelievable versions of night life, crazy, always on mind, drive on, etc.....

Reactions: baseball31ne
I’ve been to 7 shows (4 at billy bobs thru the years) and at lone star park. The last show he looked and sounded weak. If you love willie Nelson his best album imho is the vh1storytellers CD with just him and Johnny Cash (just those two and two guitars)- unbelievable versions of night life, crazy, always on mind, drive on, etc.....

He looked weak in that Harvey benefit in Austin a bit ago. He was on last night. Great guitar play and strong soothing voice. Loved it. Chatted it up with the couples around us. The wife was feeling halfway decent for such a long time out in public. It was a win/win.

Reactions: baseball31ne
He's 84! Wanted to see him before he died. It was a great day. Passed my LTC exam and proficiency test earlier in the day.

Great! I’ll catch him next time (hopefully), it’s always good to just have a great day enjoying music

Over the weekend, the USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76), USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN 71) and USS Nimitz (CVN 68) and all their carrier groups sailed together in the Western Pacific Ocean. Wish I could have been in that! First time in a decade that three carrier groups has carried out such maneuvers.

171113094808-3-carrier-1-exlarge-169.jpg

171113094935-3-carrier-2-exlarge-169.jpg

171113095109-3-carrier-3-exlarge-169.jpg

171113095301-3-carrier-6-exlarge-169.jpg

171113095422-3-carrier-8-destroyers-exlarge-169.jpg

Didn't know the Japanese used the rising sun flags anymore. My ancestors would be mad if they knew about this. Pearl Harbor was such a big deal to them. Me too.

Reactions: Child of the Corn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT