ADVERTISEMENT

give Riley time we Played hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
We gave BoBo 7 years, give Riley time
Riley will nearly be 70 if we give him 7 years. Riley needs to start producing....I could be wrong but we did not hire him to slowly build the program. He needs to win now and thus far he is falling flat on his face.

In his defense-they did look better. It's unfortunate they screwed up the Illinois game-except for MSU and maybe NWU they should be competitive in the rest of their games.

Too much patience led to 7 years of Bo. I have a hard time believing you bring in a veteran 62-year-old coach for a long-term rebuilding situation.

Bo was a rookie HC, Riley is not. Bo consistently won twice as many games as he lost, which is quite a bit different than what we have now. We were right on the verge of the 'hump' with Bo. That's why he was given 7 years. Bo's main problem was his stubbornness and the fact that he had the temperament of a 5-year old child.

What can be gleaned from Riley's past to make us think that he may be able to get us over the 'hump'?

If "playing hard" is all the criteria needed for a million dollar contract than sign me up. I could fulfill all the qualifications at the UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA. People like you piss me off.
No I'm not saying we should fire him, but c'mon what we're seeing is CRAP.

Have to say, I have a bit of respect for you guys who refuse to see a flaming pile of dogs*** when it's right in front of your eyes.

Some fans choose to make positive contributions and others negative. Since MR will be here awhile which set of fans do you think help the program more?

Some fans choose to make positive contributions and others negative. Since MR will be here awhile which set of fans do you think help the program more?

They're just talking-nobody on this board has any influence on events down in Lincoln, and you can be sure nobody in the AD's office watches this board.

I would say that those who make it clear they will not stand for subpar coaching help the program more than those who stick their heads in the sand while continuing to financially support a sinking program.

I think many of us will give our new coach time to make changes. We had very subpar coaching for 7 yrs, I didn't bitch until yr 4, you 6 games, big difference

I would say that those who make it clear they will not stand for subpar coaching help the program more than those who stick their heads in the sand while continuing to financially support a sinking program.

The program has been sinking for 7 years. Riley is feverishy attempting to fill all the holes......and there are gaping holes everywhere....in every facet of the program.

I think many of us will give our new coach time to make changes. We had very subpar coaching for 7 yrs, I didn't bitch until yr 4, you 6 games, big difference

Bo needed to go, but you can't be serious? "Very subpar coaching"? He must have been one heck of a recruiter then; to have enough talent on the field to carry the team to at least 9 wins each year.

I'm sorry but we don't have 3 win team problems. We have our problems, that much is obvious but we're not nearly as problematic as barely managing to win any games..

The program has been sinking for 7 years. Riley is feverishy attempting to fill all the holes......and there are gaping holes everywhere....in every facet of the program.

You and I must have different definitions of 'sinking'. When I see a program that continually wins at least 9 games a year without winning any games of significance, I see a program that has stagnated. Now, when I see a program that goes from 9 wins one year to what we are seeing this year, that looks an awful lot like 'sinking' to me.

I'm sorry but we don't have 3 win team problems. We have our problems, that much is obvious but we're not nearly as problematic as barely managing to win any games..

Agree and if we do finish 3-9, that is Turner Gill at KU territory. I'd like think we have higher standards than KU.

A great coach does not take a consistent-winning blue-blood program to 3-9, injuries and depth be damned. Let's hope Mike can at least get us to a bowl game.

Bo needed to go, but you can't be serious? "Very subpar coaching"? He must have been one heck of a recruiter then; to have enough talent on the field to carry the team to at least 9 wins each year.
How many trophies were hoisted? Then 9 wins don't mean shit, that is like winning 8 under TO.

For the weak, people need to understand how to deal with adversity. We are a very weak fan base. No reason to lose that streak.

I would say our WR are, as a group, one of the best we have had at Nebraska. Ever.

Collins is a first round talent. Our secondary looks talented but can't grasp the new system, for shite. Valentine and Newby could be very good with the right mentality.

McMullen finally found his home at DT. Our OL plays like mental midgets. No fire. Plenty of size but no desire.

The idea this team is talentless is plain garbage. What is lacking is leadership.

Kind of need a QB that can hit don't you think. vV missed 3 games and Newby 2..

Agree and if we do finish 3-9, that is Turner Gill at KU territory. I'd like think we have higher standards than KU.

A great coach does not take a consistent-winning blue-blood program to 3-9, injuries and depth be damned. Let's hope Mike can at least get us to a bowl game.

Bowl game!!! Have you watched this staff coach? When do you ever see any since of urgency? Towards the end of the 3rd quarter we may have gotten a play off before the end of the quarter but why do that when we can wait and run a play into the wind. You guys better get use to Riley's poor coaching. I've seen it for years out here in the Northwest

Reactions: gw2kpro
Bowl game!!! Have you watched this staff coach? When do you ever see any since of urgency? Towards the end of the 3rd quarter we may have gotten a play off before the end of the quarter but why do that when we can wait and run a play into the wind. You guys better get use to Riley's poor coaching. I've seen it for years out here in the Northwest

For some reason this post made me think of.....

And for years now on this board we've been told fans on a message board have no effect on the game or recruiting. Try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT