ADVERTISEMENT

Gavin Wright injury?

A reminder of just how great depth can disappear very quickly. Better hope Joseph is the real deal and picks it up right away.

Reactions: headcard
Can we at this point just bubble wrap all our secondary and then maybe just put braces all over to help secure their joints?
I know that injuries hit every team, but it seems like every year where ever we are thin, that’s where we get hit the hardest with the injury bug

A reminder of just how great depth can disappear very quickly. Better hope Joseph is the real deal and picks it up right away.
Doesn’t help one bit but he was practicing at OLB at Jojo Domann’s role. He was going to play at that nickel position. So far we are losing reserves to our starters. Man that puts a lot of pressure for our guys to stay healthy.

So who gives us depth in the depth chart at safety? Darius Moore is an xfer from Juco, is he any good? Or can Bunner or Sanford play safety? Or perhaps they would slide Bootle or CTB to safety as we have a little more depth at CB? Does anyone know about our walkon DB's?

Williams,Noa,Gifford
Dismuke,Farmer,Guzman or Nieman or Moore?

Bootle,Newsome,Delancy,Bunner
CTB,Joseph,Lynum,Sanford,Hausman

So who gives us depth in the depth chart at safety? Darius Moore is an xfer from Juco, is he any good? Or can Bunner or Sanford play safety? Or perhaps they would slide Bootle or CTB to safety as we have a little more depth at CB? Does anyone know about our walkon DB's?

Williams,Noa,Gifford

Farmer and Poa-Gates will be the 2nd team guys, after that it gets interesting. My guess is they would move Taylor-Britt back to safety before going any further down the depth chart.

Reactions: huskerssalts

Williams,Noa,Gifford

Pola-Gates and Farmer are good backup safeties. Hearing good things about Gifford too. I think we were looking at Wright more as an OLB though.

Just think what Ohio State will do on just about every play. o_O

They will definitely give us everything they got and that game will not be an easy one but I have little more faith with our starting group. This was definitely not the number 1 offense.....top that off with Smothers making the wrong read. He should have kept the ball there....

Last edited:
I'm hoping for a game like two years ago against Ohio State, at least get into the 4th qtr with a shot to win.

That’s what I’m honestly expecting. Just as long as we don’t magically regress any, we should give them a challenge or at least a better challenge then we did last year.

Last season when we played OSU, we were an absolute mess offensively going into that game. Mills had not turned the corner yet, Mo Washington got hurt early on and Wandale Robinson had not got things going yet either. Then you top that off with Cam Jurgens high snaps and his issues. Wasn’t pretty and we were no where near ready for a team like OSU who was on top of their game.

Reactions: Bugeater
I mean that is certainly one way to look at it. Some guy on the OL blew and assignment in practice, so it will happen on nearly every play against OSU....
Was just having some fun there, don't take it too seriously. One thing Nebraska can't do is blow too many assignments against their D, or it will be as ugly as last year. Again, I'm hoping for a performance like two years ago, get to the 4th qtr with a shot to win.

Good thing a about the way we recruit dbs, most can player safety or corner Cam is a good example. Pola gates, Nadab, honestly don’t think Any fall of unless major injuries. We have had one injury in the secondary. Wright was playing outside.

Reactions: huskerssalts
The DL ran a twist on that play and we failed to pick it up. That is something that has been a reoccurring theme with the OL over the past couple of years. We do well straight up but we don't do well against stunts.

Was just having some fun there, don't take it too seriously. One thing Nebraska can't do is blow too many assignments against their D, or it will be as ugly as last year. Again, I'm hoping for a performance like two years ago, get to the 4th qtr with a shot to win.

I'm hoping we don't embarrass ourselves.

OSU will have a great player out there but unless there is another Bosa coming up, they will most certainly see a drop off from #2 last year. He abused Farniok (and everybody else he faced) last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT