ADVERTISEMENT

Game of thrones spoiler...

I personally have season 8 as my favorite.. season 1 - 4 were a rinse and repeat of how stupid the Starks are and to see how long Danaerys’ name could get.. WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS, bleh. She was batshit crazy from the get go. Watching everyone around her die or turn on her was done well to push her to her natural crazy state, like her entire family.

6-7 were a bit better with the Arya storyline but the rest of the show was rinse and repeat. Who could not see the Jon Snow storyline coming after about the second episode?

Season 8 is the first season with some originality and thankfully kept it from becoming a Return of the King remake.. even George RR Martin had visions of everyone dying and this is close...

As a big fan of the books I tried to watch every season with hope but it never panned out. This season is just something different which makes it fun...

I personally have season 8 as my favorite.. season 1 - 4 were a rinse and repeat of how stupid the Starks are and to see how long Danaerys’ name could get.. WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS, bleh. She was batshit crazy from the get go. Watching everyone around her die or turn on her was done well to push her to her natural crazy state, like her entire family.

6-7 were a bit better with the Arya storyline but the rest of the show was rinse and repeat. Who could not see the Jon Snow storyline coming after about the second episode?

Season 8 is the first season with some originality and thankfully kept it from becoming a Return of the King remake.. even George RR Martin had visions of everyone dying and this is close...

As a big fan of the books I tried to watch every season with hope but it never panned out. This season is just something different which makes it fun...

How do I delete somebody else’s comment?

Robyn: “uh huh... yeah just stand a little to the left. A little more.... mhmm... totally, all the books.... dragons, yup got it.... ok there we go. Stand exactly right there..”

One could argue that Robyn is the most Machiavellian character left. He was groomed by Baelish himself, has displayed ruthless tendencies <sansas snow castle> and had been lurking in the shadows, waiting to swoop since season 6.

Ok, what happened to Dany's dragon? Not a fan of the ending with what happened to Jon. Whole season and last episode was too rushed. At least it was in the budget for Jon to pet Ghost.:rolleyes:

Flying east

I thought last season and ending was brilliant. Art is subjective though.

Edit: And as far as Jon is concerned, he got released from responsibility he didn't want and returned to north of the wall where he was by far the happiest he ever was throughout the whole series. Happy ending for him.

Last edited:
Why didn't the dragon light his ass up for killing her? I also thought her followers were more loyal to Dany than that and wouldn't let Jon live after stabbing her?

Bc he was a Targyrean. I was hoping the dragon would accept him as the new master and that he'd be the king. At least he sacked up and took out Dany

The last season was bad. George RR Martin did the show runners no favors by creating a story he can’t even finish.

Saying that, the show runners rushed the season, were really predictable and it came off as lazy. Beautifully shot, well acted, great score, just bad and rushed writing.

HBO offered to go another season or have this season be eight episodes but the runners wanted this season to be six episodes. The rushed feeling is entirely on them.

The last episode, strictly on its own, was alright. I didn’t hate it. A little cheesy, completely inconsistent (how are there still that many Darthraki and unsullied????), and something’s didn’t make complete sense (why would Grey Worm not have killed Jon? The Darthraki were totally cool with the compromise for Jon? Make sense, they’re completely reasonable people.)

However, there were parts I liked. The wheel was broken and didn’t go complete democracy. Which would have been too much, IMO. North is independent. Sansa being an he queen seems fitting enough. Arya’s ending was weird but fitting, I guess. Bran at least had a role and it now makes a little sense why he didn’t say anything about what was going to happen in future events. And it kind of fits into the shows cripples, bastards and broken things theme.

The frustrating part is that there are so many easy tweaks that would have made the season better. Have Ragal, Grey Worm, Missandei, literally all but 100 unsullied and all but 10 Darthraki die in the battle of Winterfell. It was so unbelievable that they all lived through it and they served little to no purpose going forward. Hell, throw Jamie, Breanne, Davis or a handful of others on that list too. Or at least don’t put all of them in situations of imminent death and have them all survive.

Maybe actually show Dany going crazy through the entire series, so the tipping point isn’t having her friend/serving girl beheaded?

Don’t have unrealistic scenes where it takes you out of the story like when Euron somehow appears on the beach next the Jamie for a pointless fight scene (it would have been great to see him die by dragon fire). Or when the bodies in the crypt break out of stone tombs when it has already been established that wights can be kept in a wooden box and transported across the country (it would have been just as terrifying having them bang on the tombs and scare the people down there). Or have a dragon die by crossbow by surprise somehow and then next episode have the crossbows be useless.

Think of how much better this season would have been if Breanne dies in the BoW. Jamie blames Cersei. He tries to kill Cersei. He gets there during the final battle and Euron is there and that is when they have their fight. Simultaneously, Cleganbowl is happening. Jamie kills Euron and is going to kill Cersei, but the walls start crumbling and they die on each other’s arms.

Same ending, way better arch.

Same goes for Ragel. He could have easily died in the BoW. No need for some unbelievable surprise sea attack (you’re flying a dragon, how the hell didn’t you see them???) and perfectly aimed crossbow shots. And then the unexplainable don’t burn the ships down right then with the other dragon scenario. And you can start Dany going mad right then so it doesn’t feel so rushed.

Or to kill Dany, you have Bran (or Jon, he can smeary into Ghost) warg into the dragon and kill her? This one isn’t more off the cuff, I’m kind of spit balling with this one.

At first I refused to believe the leaks were true because it was so bad, then went into the mode that DnD pissed off to write Star Wars and hbo/Grrm couldn’t do anything because DnD own the rights to it, but then you watch it..... sigh.

What a shame they (DnD) didn’t pass off the writing to someone or a group of people who understood or cared about the show. Dany going mad? Sure. Bran being king? Whatever. The Night King being nothing? A travesty. The way they got there was so bad, at least write an actual story instead of being so lazy and checking out and doing things off screen.

However, there were parts of this episode I liked a lot overall, and it was all of the bad, jarring, underdeveloped parts (the unsullied just up and left! And to Naarth! Where they’ll die immediately from the poisonous butterflies! Jon’s the true heir, just let them leave and he’s fine! Bronn??) among other things.

Can’t believe Lost had a better ending.

Gbr!

Okish ending. Just EVERYTHING rushed. Like going back to only 7 episodes season 7 rushed. If 7 and 8 are 10 episodes like all the others thats 7 more episodes.
Then you can actually WRITE Danerys going mad, a better ending for Vaerys, Cercei etc. etc etc etc.
Last episode for me sucked in that everything that happened had the feel of being on the clock. Had the feeling of D&D having their checklist of things to happen and visual shots they wanted and after they timed all of those out, them going "oh sh@t".

Truly wonder how the ending compares IF GRRM ever finishes writing.

GRRM has about 2400 pages of Song of Ice and Fire left to publish, split between two books. That is plenty of time to have Dany turn mad BUT the issue with the show is that all this character development and backstory had zero payoff.

Why did it matter that Jon Snow is a the rightful heir? He could have been Ned Stark's bastard and would have reacted the same. Why did Jamie leave Cersie at all? Why develop Dany to be a ruthless but NOT a villainous leader only to have her kill children in one episode and then get murdered the next? Not enough time to justify her characters actions.

Bran has been such a weak character the whole series, no idea about his motivations or reasons for being and now he is king? The past seasons have been about him losing his connection to the human word and its workings. How can he now understand what is best for the people? Also why did Dany need an army? If that is what one adult dragon can do to Kings Landing, imagine 3, before the scorpions were built.

just the tip of the iceberg...

Last edited:
Dnd ruined the show. Even going back now and watching seasons 1-7 is somewhat ruined for me. Jon’s destiny story arc amounted to jack-sh*t. Sam is an oath breaker for not being at castle black. Not mentioning Tyrion at all in the stupid book... is that supposed to be funny? And bran as the king? Would rather have seen Jon join dany and burn down the planet. Having bran as king is essentially the same as Thommen.

So now Bran is the King of the six kingdoms. Sansa is Queen of the North. Also, in the end we see Jon marching north with the Free Folk. Possibly becoming King beyond the Wall. Possibly three rulers from the Stark children.

Last edited:
Super rushed final season was pretty lame. Destroy the entire unbeatable million-strong Army of the Dead with one hit to the Night King. Defeat Lannister forces (supplemented by the best mercenary army in the world) with a dragon. Somehow the same Dothraki/Unsullied army decimated in the north had thousands of troops fresh after a losing battle, march across a continent, and second epic battle.

Then the Mad Queen was left defenseless in the hostile enemy's keep to be easily murdered. If only life's problems were so easily solved.

Okay, everybody is at the final counsel meeting with the seven kingdoms, we don't know how or why, but they all just easily agreed to some unknown kid to be king, based on the advice of a traitor to his queen, his own house, his father, and all of Westeros.

I wanted a twist at the end to make it less predictable, but Bran the Broken was never developed enough as a character to matter.

The mad rush to the closing credits also left a lot of characters and subplots unresolved.

Over all it was a horrible season. As many are saying, it was rushed. Should have probably made 2 seasons out of it. I have no issues with how everything played out, except Bran being king (that is just stupid) They just needed more time to try and develop.

* For 7 season we hear, "winter is come". They give this impression that the knight king is a bad ass, MF. Then Arya takes him and his army out in a 30 second scene.
*Same with Danny. 7 years of build a better world, breaker of chains, free everyone from tyrants. Flip of a switch she goes bat shit crazy and burns everyone alive.
* 7 years of Cersi is a bad ass bitch. Will fight to the end and destroy everyone in her path. 30 second scene and the ceiling falls on her head.
* 7 years leading up to Jon being the rightful heir to the thrown or at the very least have large part in the new kingdom. Nope just kidding, you go to the wall. The king should be a kid who we see 5 minutes of every season.

Last edited:
I never watched the show much, but have kept familiar with it. I watched more of the first season before the show was even that popular. I thought the final season has been decent, but the last episode was just bad. Burning the iron throne when that's what they've been fighting over this whole time. Dany dying and losing her following in one episode when she's by far the most recognizable character on the show. Jon Snow not having any role at the end when built up to be one of the most important characters. Naming the crippled kid as king who's only played minor roles. Not only was it a bad ending. It was probably the worst possible ending that you could have come up with to end a great series.

I give up, yep that sucked. One of the writers was an Iowa grad so that explains much...

Over all it was a horrible season. As many are saying, it was rushed. Should have probably made 2 seasons out of it. I have no issues with how everything played out, except Bran being king (that is just stupid) They just needed more time to try and develop.

* For 7 season we hear, "winter is come". They give this impression that the knight king is a bad ass, MF. Then Arya takes him and his army out in a 30 second scene.
*Same with Danny. 7 years of build a better world, breaker of chains, free everyone from tyrants. Flip of a switch she goes bat shit crazy and burns everyone alive.
* 7 years of Cersi is a bad ass bitch. Will fight to the end and destroy everyone in her path. 30 second scene and the ceiling falls on her head.
* 7 years leading up to Jon being the rightful heir to the thrown or at the very least have large part in the new kingdom. Nope just kidding, you go to the wall. The king should be a kid who we see 5 minutes of every season.

Not saying that i loved the way it went down, but you're not accurately portraying how things went at all.

- The writers are going off of the story provided to them. Sure, they had to figure out the details, and they did it quickly this last season, but overall, the ending was from the author. And consistent with the rest of the show...the show has never given anyone the warm and fuzzies. They've killed a lot of great characters.

-they spent a whole 90 minute episode on fighting the Night King. He was pretty badass. How else do you kill someone? We've known the whole time, kill him and the army is defeated. This is note an area to complain about IMO

-We've seen the cracks in Danny most of the show. She's torched people for very little reason. She sat there and watched Drogo pour molten metal on her brothers head. She torched the Tarleys. She's been merciless. Mix in the fact that the people in the north were cold to her after she helped them survive, Sansa's defiance, Jon's betrayal, Jon's rightful claim to the throne, her friend's beheading, losing a second dragon....it was all too much. She cracked. Apparently, in the books, it's even more evident that she's unstable from the beginning of the story. If you want to blame anyone, blame the original writers for making her a sympathetic hero.

-Cersi...agree with you. Dumb way for her to go out.

-Jon...only ending that would work and not end in his death. He just murdered the queen. Can't just make him King. There'd be an all out war. Besides, he was happiest north of the wall. He didn't want to be king. And the plot wasn't pointless....it directly led to the split between him and Danny, leading to her death. It still mattered. A lot. Just not in the way most people wanted it to. Again, not Martin's concern. He was telling his story. In his style. A style that made it a great story...but ultimately didn't give the closure people seek. But it would have been inconsistent with the rest of the story if he gave us a the satisfying ending people were wanting.

Reactions: dew4red
- The writers are going off of the story provided to them. Sure, they had to figure out the details, and they did it quickly this last season, but overall, the ending was from the author. And consistent with the rest of the show...the show has never given anyone the warm and fuzzies. They've killed a lot of great characters
Martin never finished. He has 2 more books planned, but was too slow in writing them. He is currently working on the next one. I believe starting sometime in season 6 the writers had no more material to go off of from Martin. So they basically just started making crap up as they went. Sounds like they went to him for input, and suggestions on how he wanted to end it, but how they told the story these last 2 season were 100% on them.
Like I said I have no issue with Danny going crazy, or Arya killing the night king. They just needed more time to get to those points. That is where they screwed up. Judging by 75% of social media. Im not the only one who feels this way.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeaOfRed75
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT