ADVERTISEMENT

FWIW - Coach Satt

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
I know he gets criticism from some posters but I'm liking him more and more. He explained on Sports Nightly how he is currently adjusting the offense to fit the talent they currently have and the offense will evolve to what they want to be as they get their recruits/players in place. Very reasonable approach IMO and different than what a lot of OC's have done previously when they try to fit a square peg in a round hole. He also pays more attention the the OL capabilities.

I think he and Raiola have done well when factoring in injuries, deficiencies in talent and a lack of a passing game. It’s about to get tougher as we’ve now put a lot of our capabilities on film over the last few weeks

If that's what he said, I'm really liking it. Almost every coach Nebraska has had since Solich left has immediately tried to implement their offense and scheme regardless of the personnel they had.

Bill Callahan was the most egregious example of this. He scrapped 40 years of a winning system that had produced five national championships and a BCS title game appearance in 2001, in favor of a West Coast offense in Lincoln.

Not surprisingly, he also immediately went 5-7 and produced the first losing season NU had had since like the 1950s. It's been downhill ever since, with a few bright spots when Pelini was the coach.

Riley and Frost also tried to run their own systems, which didn't match the skillset of the players they had.

Working with what you've got, and fitting the scheme to the talent level, is a great sign this staff and team are headed in the right direction.

the hit and miss of our offense is a natural result of changing what you want to do to what you have to do. the longer sat is here the better he will magically become.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT