ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Further update on JUCO CB Devron Davis

Mike Matya

Nebraska Legend
May 29, 2001
Bellevue, Nebraska [formerly Omaha]
389193.jpg

After exchanging texts with Merced (Calif.) C.C. three-star defensive back Devron Davis over the weekend, I was able to conduct a phone interview with him this evening. I will be running a full update on him Tuesday, but here's some info to tie you over until then:

The 6-foot, 210-pound junior college prospect is a 3 for 2 JUCO recruit who will be graduating in December.

Davis picked up a new offer from Ohio State today, and he has acquired over 20 scholarship offers thus far, including from Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, Oklahoma and others.

But he said that four programs have separated themselves in his mind because they got in on him early and they're recruiting him as a person and not just an athlete. Those leaders are Nebraska, Arizona State, Oregon and Florida State.

He will be using his second official visit on Arizona State July 19-22 and he is in discussions with NU defensive backs coach Brian Stewart about using his third official visit for a trip to Lincoln, hopefully sometime in July he added.

His first official visit was to Colorado State and he said they remain in the picture with him among a tier of schools below his four favorites, which also includes Texas and Cal. He's also hoping to unofficially visit Cal sometime soon.

He said most of the colleges recruiting are doing so for cornerback and special teams returner, but he's not averse to playing nickel back or safety if it comes to that.

Again, I'll have more from him in a full update on Tuesday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News