ADVERTISEMENT

Fullback trap

kaz36

Nebraska Legend
Staff
May 2, 2005
I wasn't able to watch the game today, but heard we ran a couple fullback traps. If so, how awesome is that?

I wasn't able to watch the game today, but heard we ran a couple fullback traps. If so, how awesome is that?
I was headed to the pisser at the game when we ran the first one. I thought we scored a long touchdown the way the crowd reacted. I stopped to watch the replay at one of the tvs on the concourse, and laughed my ass off at the reaction.

Absolutely loved it. HTO told us all when he was an unknown Sr in high school that Janovich was going to be good. Riley was praising him in his PC. Hope he keeps using him.

Reactions: frankluv
Big difference with this staff is they try to utilize their best players. It's a crime Andy wasn't used by the prior staff.

I wonder if Janovich might be an alternative to Cross in short yardage or a change of pace to Newby.

Could he be effective lined up a bit deeper when the plan is to pound it between the tackles? Playing RB is so much about vision rather than pure speed. If he could get 4+ by picking the right hole, breaking a tackle, falling forward and holding onto the ball he might be an upgrade to Cross. Maybe a bit in the mold of Weismann at Iowa

I wonder if Janovich might be an alternative to Cross in short yardage or a change of pace to Newby.

Could he be effective lined up a bit deeper when the plan is to pound it between the tackles? Playing RB is so much about vision rather than pure speed. If he could get 4+ by picking the right hole, breaking a tackle, falling forward and holding onto the ball he might be an upgrade to Cross. Maybe a bit in the mold of Weismann at Iowa
He can break tackles. I think if they had run that in the red zone he would have scored with that play. We surprised them with it the first few times.

It was awesome. It also shows that his talents have been wasted the last few years. Wish he would have redshirted so we could have had a couple years to be utilized in an offense that would give him the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT