ADVERTISEMENT

Frosty The Snowman

PlutoDroid

Walk On
Aug 16, 2015
Frosty the snowman was a happy jolly soul, with his hat and clipboard he designed some plays to keep the kids entertained.

Congrats on going home Scott, you've gotten a good job with great resources. As a native Orlando resident now living in Arizona I wish you all the best at your alma mater. You left UCF in far greater shape than when you arrived after the messy departure of the past regime. You made it fun to watch UCF games while the team I am a fan of was a train wreck (Florida). As a person who almost attended UCF and having friends who have I thank you for that.

I guess it was just time for you to go home. Congrats to Nebraska fans on this hire.

Reactions: 9and4 and headcard
Nice, and thanks.

Off topic: Florida AND Arizona? Are you a lizard?;)

(I live in Iowa, so go for it.)

I hate to admit where I attended college as this is a sports board and I hate their teams, back to your question . I am a Gator through and through but I root for a few other teams that I or people close to me are associated with.

I can only imagine the reaction you get on Saturdays when you walk around with that Nebraska shirt. I used to date a Iowa girl and she wasnt too keen on the Cornhuskers.

I hate to admit where I attended college as this is a sports board and I hate their teams, back to your question . I am a Gator through and through but I root for a few other teams that I or people close to me are associated with.

I can only imagine the reaction you get on Saturdays when you walk around with that Nebraska shirt. I used to date a Iowa girl and she wasnt too keen on the Cornhuskers.
Hey, I got my MA from UF. Long damn time ago, though. Not a fan of the Gators, though, because I had to cover them through the various drug, prostitution, and cheating scandals of the late '80s. Love Gainesville and the university.

Hey, I got my MA from UF. Long damn time ago, though. Not a fan of the Gators, though, because I had to cover them through the various drug, prostitution, and cheating scandals of the late '80s. Love Gainesville and the university.

I can understand how that would leave a lasting image. Gainesville is a great place to raise a family. Is it a fishbowl environment? Yes..that is one of the things I love about college ball. You can go to the NorthWest, SouthWest, MidWest, SouthEast and NorthEast and find fans passionate about their school at ages one to ninetynine. Traditions and tailgating differs depending on where you go, what never differs is the passion and comradity the event brings.

Lincoln is a great college town, its similar to Gainesville in its passion. One of the many reasons coaches like McElwain didnt work down in Florida was because he didnt embrace the community and fabricated false death threats. He was very thin skinned and rubbed many former players wrong. I imagine Pelini got ousted due to his relationship with local media and fans.

The Frost hire and Mullen hire makes sense because these guys understand the culture. Danny Wuerffel has already stated how Mullen has welcomed the former players back like family. Frost will do the same I imagine and thats very important. National pundits like to criticize fans like Nebraska and Florida for having unrealistic expectations, I can see their point. They claim coaches like Chip Kelly and other big names will pass Florida and Nebraska over due to fan involvement and that is true as well.

What they fail to report is that Alabama and Ohio State are equal in their intensity and fire. Why do they win? Urban Meyer and Nick Saban fell into their laps after not liking the NFL and having health scares.

Thats the end of my diatribe.

Gainesville and Lincoln are similar in that regard. It's all Gators, all the time. We even got a little freezing rain there back in December 1988.

Reactions: PlutoDroid
Gainesville and Lincoln are similar in that regard. It's all Gators, all the time. We even got a little freezing rain there back in December 1988.
I bet there was panic on the streets, I remember driving down to Merrit Island on a muggy 80 degree weather day and witnessing an older lady bundled up like it was in the 40s because of a brisk wind. We Floridians can put up with yellow flies, New Yorkers and Hurricanes. Give us frozen roads and theres panic akin to a Godzilla sighting in Japan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT