ADVERTISEMENT

Frost met with Bryant

Will be interesting to see his progress. We aren't exactly loaded at RB, but do you guys think he can recover? It is going to be almost a year before he is recovered. Wondering if he will be the same.

He may not be the same. But he looked good before his season ended. Hopefully his knees respond fully to the rehab.

I'm afraid with the talent Frost has and will bring in at RB, he's going to be passed by. Hope I'm wrong.

Will be interesting to see his progress. We aren't exactly loaded at RB, but do you guys think he can recover? It is going to be almost a year before he is recovered. Wondering if he will be the same.

I haven't been worried about the RB position for quite some time. Unless you have Barry Sanders back there, it really all comes down to the O line doing their job consistently. The big boys need to live in the weight room until the season starts, then things will begin to fall into place for this offense.

Reactions: donahues17
I haven't been worried about the RB position for quite some time. Unless you have Barry Sanders back there, it really all comes down to the O line doing their job consistently. The big boys need to live in the weight room until the season starts, then things will begin to fall into place for this offense.
The difference a good running back can make compared to an average back was shown very clearly last year after Bryant was injured. The O-line was bad all year, but funny how Bryant got yards and the others didn't.

Reactions: cubsker
The difference a good running back can make compared to an average back was shown very clearly last year after Bryant was injured. The O-line was bad all year, but funny how Bryant got yards and the others didn't.
Yeah. But those defenses were terrible as well. Our O-line was gahbage

"Frost added that his No. 1 message to the running backs was that they needed to get in better shape as a whole as much as any position group on the team."

That's an eye opener. Sounds like there may be opportunity there for someone who wants to work.

with his history of injuries this might be one of the scolly's Frosty needs to get down to the limit. i'm sure this was talked about by the two of them.

I was wanting to see what the freshmen backs that are coming in the fall can do as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: yNOTskers
"Frost added that his No. 1 message to the running backs was that they needed to get in better shape as a whole as much as any position group on the team."

That's an eye opener. Sounds like there may be opportunity there for someone who wants to work.
Think this is also a message to the incoming backs. Can't afford to waste summer camp getting into shape.

The quote I saw, made it sound like Frost wasn't nearly as optimistic as Bryant was. I too, doubt we ever see him suited up.

***Finally, Frost said he met with running back Tre Bryant on Wednesday and discussed his recovery status coming off his knee injury. "He's fairly excited about the progress he's making,” Frost said, “but I think he’s got a ways to go.

The quote I saw, made it sound like Frost wasn't nearly as optimistic as Bryant was. I too, doubt we ever see him suited up.

***Finally, Frost said he met with running back Tre Bryant on Wednesday and discussed his recovery status coming off his knee injury. "He's fairly excited about the progress he's making,” Frost said, “but I think he’s got a ways to go.

He says that about everything. The QBs "have a ways to go" the RBs have a way to go. The urgency of the team has a ways to go. I am pretty sure he thinks those things will eventually get to where they need to.

Ways to go is his version of moves around well.

He says that about everything. The QBs "have a ways to go" the RBs have a way to go. The urgency of the team has a ways to go. I am pretty sure he thinks those things will eventually get to where they need to.

Ways to go is his version of moves around well.
I can only read it in the context in which it was written. It looks like he's saying Trey feels one way, and he isn't so sure.

I can only read it in the context in which it was written. It looks like he's saying Trey feels one way, and he isn't so sure.

Trey feels good about the progress, Scott says he still has a ways to go.

Martinez feels good about the progress he is making, Scott says he still has a ways to go.

The team feels they have made progress in the weight room, Scott says they still have a ways to go.

It is what it is, but what I see is a guy who uses generic words to keep things close to the vest and keep people guessing.

Reactions: GretnaShawn

Martinez feels good about the progress he is making, Scott says he still has a ways to go.

The team feels they have made progress in the weight room, Scott says they still have a ways to go.

It is what it is, but what I see is a guy who uses generic words to keep things close to the vest and keep people guessing.

Coach speak, I agree..

I see what you are saying, but I think he was serious with Tre.

The rest is coach speak. Just not with Tre. Gotta take him at his word there.

I'll be really surprised if we see Tre again.

Man someone has to look out for this kids future. Your knees are pretty important and permanently damaging them at his age is unnecessary

Reactions: jeans15
I would love if he can be healthy again, loved what I saw of him last year. I will be surprised if he plays again. He was absolutely talented enough to be the top back, but his knees betrayed him.

The mysterious nature of it and how you never hear what actually was wrong and what he had done is not encouraging IMO.

What is our record last season is Bryant is 100% healthy and effective the whole way through?

I think maybe 7-5? Probably beat Northern Illinois, NW, maybe Oregon. Finishing around 7-5 would have been the worst case scenario... Riley gets another year and Frost goes to Oregon.

I just want him to be healthy and happy and a long productive pain free life. With or without football. Long ways to go...in life.

What is our record last season is Bryant is 100% healthy and effective the whole way through?

I think maybe 7-5? Probably beat Northern Illinois, NW, maybe Oregon. Finishing around 7-5 would have been the worst case scenario... Riley gets another year and Frost goes to Oregon.
I love Tre Bryant and he was definitely missed, but he didn't play defense or offensive line. Perhaps he could have chased down the NIU players who had the pick-6s.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I love Tre Bryant and he was definitely missed, but he didn't play defense or offensive line. Perhaps he could have chased down the NIU players who had the pick-6s.
He would have made a difference in a couple of games we lost.

Fair point, but maybe if we had a stud running back, we wouldn't have been throwing the ball horizontally at the other team's goal line.

He would have made a difference in a couple of games we lost.
I agree. Where he lost me was the assertion that 7-5 would have been the worst case scenario. Bryant definitely would have made a difference, and maybe even enough of a difference to get a couple more wins. But three more wins at a minimum? Just don't see it, given how terrible some other aspects of the team were.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I agree. Where he lost me was the assertion that 7-5 would have been the worst case scenario. Bryant definitely would have made a difference, and maybe even enough of a difference to get a couple more wins. But three more wins at a minimum? Just don't see it, given how terrible some other aspects of the team were.

Haha, I should have been more clear... I didn't mean the worst case scenario for last season with a healthy Bryant is a 7-5 record....

I meant the WORST CASE SCENARIO for Husker football as a whole would have been a situation where Riley won juuuust enough games in order to keep his job.

Haha, I should have been more clear... I didn't mean the worst case scenario for last season with a healthy Bryant is a 7-5 record....

I meant the WORST CASE SCENARIO for Husker football as a whole would have been a situation where Riley won juuuust enough games in order to keep his job.
Okay, now I understand - and I totally agree.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT