ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Night Game at Home

It is a little different now since you can watch/follow the game on your phone while you are at a HS game.

But I can still see why people would be upset. For me, those Saturdays in the fall when me and my friends are heading to Lincoln are magical. It is a 8-12 hour chance to step back in time and be a college kid again.

A Friday game will seem different but I guess we will see how it goes.

Reactions: scarletred
It is a little different now since you can watch/follow the game on your phone while you are at a HS game.

But I can still see why people would be upset. For me, those Saturdays in the fall when me and my friends are heading to Lincoln are magical. It is a 8-12 hour chance to step back in time and be a college kid again.

A Friday game will seem different but I guess we will see how it goes.
I'm guessing there are maybe half a dozen games that can't be moved if people aren't stubborn. You and your friends will squeeze the same amount of drinks into less time and afterwards you will talk about how awesome it was that DR threw 3 td's and you got to watch the laser show at night.

Reactions: scarletred
I'm guessing there are maybe half a dozen games that can't be moved if people aren't stubborn. You and your friends will squeeze the same amount of drinks into less time and afterwards you will talk about how awesome it was that DR threw 3 td's and you got to watch the laser show at night.
Yeah, I think it will be fun. I don't know for sure if we are going to that game but seems like a good excuse to ditch work on a Friday!

You should accept reality. The delusion you posses will clear. Why does it bother you if people will go to High school games that night and not watch Nebraska? Oh no memorial stadium might have 60,000 in attendance instead of 65,000 like last year?

It is what it is. All the complaining in the world won't change a thing. The thing is, myself, along with others aren't convinced you're even a Husker fan.

Will also give Westside coaches a chance to recruit at other high school games the next day.
I’d image that the majority of high schools now will move their Friday games.

Be smart if two of the three Millard schools play each other on that Thursday..

Will also give Westside coaches a chance to recruit at other high school games the next day.
Hahaha! This is so true! Once they went back to their open enrollment (or maybe it was never totally closed, but I thought it was) they were no longer JUST at middle school games but now they are rolling on up taking any kid they can from any HS

I’d image that the majority of high schools now will move their Friday games.

Be smart if two of the three Millard schools play each other on that Thursday..
Might be kind of unfair...since one team would get a forfeit win.

The MAC has lived off weekday games and I have no interest in them at all but I always end up watching them!

And betting them.

Reactions: Zeke2005
The outrage for a Friday night game is comical. The majority of the ragers are typically the ones that have to find something to bitch about.
Yah a few are claiming Dannen doesn’t get Nebraska but I think it’s too early to tell. In this instance I think most fans will back it. Personally if I have to watch a mid level big ten game I’d rather do it on Friday night than Saturday at 11am.

Nebraska can be good regardless of the conference. The fact that we’ve had bad coaches etc is an entirely separate issue from whether we receive a big ten or big 12 paycheck. In new college football where money runs everything, I’d rather be shopping with big ten money.

Nebraska will leave some of its soul behind as will every other college. That was decided years ago as these moves came about. As a small state Nebraska is going to need every financial edge to field a competitive team going forward. I would like to assure that Nebraska fields a team and watch Hoosiers if I miss the old days.

Also just as a fan of the sport, I think it’s great I can watch pro or major CFB four nights a week minimum in the fall. Makes coming home from work all the more enjoyable.

Lot of folks be like I can’t wait till we win that natty and we tell the league wassup.

I don’t think they realize it’s not 1982 and that’s not going to happen. The network executives run cfb now and America top athletes currently play three nights a week on a rotating basis so the league can maximize revenue and exposure.

CFB will do the same and as OU has shown it doesn’t matter who you are. NU is not going to be the Dallas Cowboys of any new college front office.

It is what it is. All the complaining in the world won't change a thing. The thing is, myself, along with others aren't convinced you're even a Husker fan.
You don’t like the fact I say things you don’t want to hear. Things that are true. Makes me not a fan. No, I am a fan. Just not a delusional fan with my head buried in the sand. Things have changed a lot since Tom
Osborne stopped coaching. Some fans think Nebraska still holds the same spot in the college football world. A person can be a fan without lying to themselves about reality and without being hateful and disrespectful on message boards. Where do you fall?

Reactions: Landomatic
Nebraska will leave some of its soul behind as will every other college. That was decided years ago as these moves came about. As a small state Nebraska is going to need every financial edge to field a competitive team going forward.
Two good points

I like that we have a window to showcase the Huskers. It's all about money but now we're going to pretend its bad. Husker HS fans will get over it.

Illinois at Nebraska would be a friends and family game on BTN/FS1. Now everybody can see it on FOX.

I get the feeling that most of the high schools in Nebraska will have close to their normal crowds, and those in the stands will be watching their kids play while listening to the Huskers on the radio or their phones. And if not, most of the kids will understand why the crowds are smaller.

For adults, there is a romanticism that goes on about the games...for most of you, when you were "kids" you either did not care, did not watch or just sort watched Huskers games.

I grew up a Bears fan and I can remember their Super Bowl win...but I hardly watched any of it...it is just not all that interesting to the kids.

Let's be honest. Nobody is that pissed that we have a Friday night game because it conflicts with high school football and/or breaks from tradition. We're pissed that we're not the Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State in this thing.

Let's be honest. Nobody is that pissed that we have a Friday night game because it conflicts with high school football and/or breaks from tradition. We're pissed that we're not the Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State in this thing.
Those schools have done something we haven't done lately. Win. So they have leverage. What are we going to do? Refuse to play the game and forfeit? Leave the conference? We did this to ourselves by hiring shitty coaches.

Those schools have done something we haven't done lately. Win. So they have leverage. What are we going to do? Refuse to play the game and forfeit? Leave the conference? We did this to ourselves by hiring shitty coaches.

You think it was just shitty coaching hires?

Yeah, hard to argue that. Bailing on the Big 12 started it though. We got a little out in front of our skis when we did that. Grass has NOT been greener on the other side of this fence.
Big 10 had nothing to do with it. A good coach would have ran circles around the Big 10.

• Haha
Reactions: Landomatic
Lot of folks be like I can’t wait till we win that natty and we tell the league wassup.

I don’t think they realize it’s not 1982 and that’s not going to happen. The network executives run cfb now and America top athletes currently play three nights a week on a rotating basis so the league can maximize revenue and exposure.

CFB will do the same and as OU has shown it doesn’t matter who you are. NU is not going to be the Dallas Cowboys of any new college front office.
Agree, we were shown that when the Big 12 was formed.

Reactions: jflores
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT