ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Night Game at Home

Hahaha well, let us know when that actually happens and then you might have a point.

Until then, the fact remains that we've been on a downward spiral of sucking since joining the B1G and all that B1G money has resulted in dick in terms of actual football success.
Seeing as how the facilities were just recently completed and are still finishing the top floors you are already seeing recruiting improving. Literally every recruit and their parents comment on how they are the best in the country. Paid for with Big 10 TV money. Rhule and his staff also just got here. Have already grabbed 3 Elite 11 QBs. 1 5 star. One 4 star and DK. Raiola is recruiting like a maniac and rebuilding the pipeline. Riley and Frost years were a joke. Nobody is arguing that

Reactions: scarletred
It pains me to say this because it means it’s in agreement with what fans of other Big Ten teams have been saying but some Husker fans live in the past. And are out of touch with reality…..because a lot of Nebraskans don’t care as much anymore and certainly not kids in high school. You think the average HS football player in Nebraska is a die hard Husker fan? Seniors in High School were like 5th graders last time there was a winning season. It’s no longer a special cult like following.
my son is heading to 9th grade next year in Lincoln, and yes, he is a die hard Husker fan.

Reactions: 90sman
I posted this before, but it is the simple truth for those like @huskerfan1414 and @Landomatic who can't handle reality.
Listen. I miss the old Big 8 days as well. Those days are long gone. But it is what it is. The Pac 12 is dead. The Big 12 is nothing without Texass and OU. The ACC is going to lose FSU soon to the Big 10. Clemson will probably go SEC.
That leaves 2 mega conferences. Big 10 and SEC. So, the question you have to ask yourself. Are you Big 10 or are you SEC? Last I checked Nebraska is Midwest. Not South or East. We share a border with Iowa. I would much rather be in a conference without Texass. With our 4 new additions it gives us the opportunity to recruit coast to coast. The 4 new teams are all fun to watch. Will make for a very exciting and competitive conference. Big 10 makes the most money and pays our bills. Period. Nebraska is now Big 10. Deal with it. Stop whining.

. Big 10 makes the most money and pays our bills. Period.
everybody knows this. nobody is arguing it.

Because they pay our bills doesn’t mean we have to lift the conference’s balls and lick its taint every time some shitty decision is made.

Fact is this sucks for high school football players and their families. And it’s yet another long standing tradition taking a hit.

It’s not a big deal. Everyone will survive. It’s just unfortunate IMO.

I posted this before, but it is the simple truth for those like @huskerfan1414 and @Landomatic who can't handle reality.
Listen. I miss the old Big 8 days as well. Those days are long gone. But it is what it is. The Pac 12 is dead. The Big 12 is nothing without Texass and OU. The ACC is going to lose FSU soon to the Big 10. Clemson will probably go SEC.
That leaves 2 mega conferences. Big 10 and SEC. So, the question you have to ask yourself. Are you Big 10 or are you SEC? Last I checked Nebraska is Midwest. Not South or East. We share a border with Iowa. I would much rather be in a conference without Texass. With our 4 new additions it gives us the opportunity to recruit coast to coast. The 4 new teams are all fun to watch. Will make for a very exciting and competitive conference. Big 10 makes the most money and pays our bills. Period. Nebraska is now Big 10. Deal with it. Stop whining.
Correction: there is one mega conference, the SEC.

And people can have opinions mr. “Thank you sir may i have another”. Your attitude is what leads to mote of this b.s.

everybody knows this. nobody is arguing it.

Because they pay our bills doesn’t mean we have to lift the conference’s balls and lick its taint every time some shitty decision is made.

Fact is this sucks for high school football players and their families. And it’s yet another longtime tradition taking a hit.
Totally understand. I don't like the Packers going to Brazil for a game this year either. I also don't see one Friday a year as the end of the world let's go back in time to the shitty Big 12 type deal either. Look at all the teams I posted that got two. UCLA back to back. You play the hand you're dealt and go and win a Friday night home game.

Ok. So the SEC is bigger and better huh? So, why do they make 10 million per team less than the Big 10? Only going up with our 4 new West Coast additions.
Hang those money banners!!!!
And yes, the sec is bigger and better. The big ten knows it too, thats why they put games on friday night so they dont go up against real football states and conferences.

I should add I am not talking about week 0/1 or black friday games that are on thursday, friday, or even sunday. Those traditions fall outside the normal season and black friday is a holiday basically.

• Haha
Reactions: HBK4life
Hang those money banners!!!!
And yes, the sec is bigger and better. The big ten knows it too, thats why they put games on friday night so they dont go up against real football states and conferences.

I should add I am not talking about week 0/1 or black friday games that are on thursday, friday, or even sunday. Those traditions fall outside the normal season and black friday is a holiday basically.
So, you think we should run to the big bad SEC and make less money? Or run back to the crappy new Big 12 and take a 50 percent pay cut? Which is it?

So, you think we should run to the big bad SEC and make less money? Or run back to the crappy new Big 12 and take a 50 percent pay cut? Which is it?
No I think our AD should do his job and represent the university and state and tell the big ten to screw off with friday games and the fans should do the same instead of bending over and beggin for more while hanging money banners.

And yes I wish we would have never left for this putrid conference. Toothpaste out of the tube now.

Reactions: Landomatic
No I think our AD should do his job and represent the university and state and tell the big ten to screw off with friday games and the fans should do the same instead of bending over and beggin for more while hanging money banners.

And yes I wish we would have never left for this putrid conference. Toothpaste out of the tube now.
The A.D. is doing just fine. The Big 10 is doing just fine. Nebraska and Rhule are doing just fine. We are in the perfect position to succeed. Cheer up buttercup. GBR!!

People if you’re that pissed about one Friday game, don’t go or watch it on TV and go to your high school game..

No one is putting a gun to your head to watch it..
Yeah, I wont. Id like to watch both however as we’ve been doing for years and years and see no reason to reinvent the wheel at the expense of high schools and fans. Its an unfortunate situation.

Correction: there is one mega conference, the SEC.

And people can have opinions mr. “Thank you sir may i have another”. Your attitude is what leads to mote of this b.s.
His attitude doesn't matter. We aren't going back to the Big 12 either way. The people in charge aren't that stupid.

The A.D. is doing just fine. The Big 10 is doing just fine. Nebraska and Rhule are doing just fine. We are in the perfect position to succeed. Cheer up buttercup. GBR!!
No the big ten sucks and when is the next investigation?
Hey remember when they told us aout how everything would be on the big ten network?
And then they went and made you get big ten plus to watch games while campus eats was on the network?
Then started putting games on peacock?
I bet you said than you as you hung more money banners.

• Haha
No the big ten sucks and when is the next investigation?
Hey remember when they told us aout how everything would be on the big ten network?
And then they went and made you get big ten plus to watch games while campus eats was on the network?
Then started putting games on peacock?
I bet you said than you as you hung more money banners.
Wow. Maybe it's time to find a new team. I'm sure Kansas State is looking for fans. Go Big 12!! Bust out the purple towels!!

1. Nebraska is everyone's homecoming like a dog crap rural high school
2. At least this is the B10 opener for Neabska and Illinois. Make a statement on Friday night is fine by me (though I don't like Friday games). We beat them Friday night at Illinois last year. Nebraska also hasn't started 1-0 in the B10 since 2019 - vs Illini.

Well, Texass sniffing out the Pac 12 and being greedy as Fvck is the reason. That's why teams left. They destroyed the old SWC. Big 8 and now Big 12. They can go suck SEC cock. Good riddance.
I wont argue that.

However it is interesting to point out he greed of texas while having celebrations about big ten money.

Im confused. What about attendance? We talking baseball or football here?
I thought this was the baseball thread which is why i edited and change it.

I was looking for an answer on if you remember the big ten lying to us about tv coverage and were ok with it?
Just pointing out another reason this conference sucks.

We are going to get nowhere and Im starting work. Good day.

I thought this was the baseball thread which is why i edited and change it.

I was looking for an answer on if you remember the big ten lying to us about tv coverage and were ok with it?
Just pointing out another reason this conference sucks.

We are going to get nowhere and Im starting work. Good day.
All good. I gotta run to the bank and cash my Big 10 TV check before we do something dumb and go back to the Big 12 for 50 bucks and a bag of Skittles. 😂 Go Big Red!! Friday night lights baby!!😍

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
1. Nebraska is everyone's homecoming like a dog crap rural high school
2. At least this is the B10 opener for Neabska and Illinois. Make a statement on Friday night is fine by me (though I don't like Friday games). We beat them Friday night at Illinois last year. Nebraska also hasn't started 1-0 in the B10 since 2019 - vs Illini.
Nebraska also hasn’t had a conference home opener since 2017 beating Rutgers 27-17..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT