ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Night Game at Home

I dont have much respect for dannen after a few things including this quote.

What a way to tell the state of nebraska to shove it so he can put more money in the coffers.

A bad look for him and for nebraska. A second fiddle program in a second fiddle conference.

And you can bet this will get more and more normal, and he knows it.

• Haha
Reactions: HBK4life
I wonder if a lot of the same people have conflicts on Saturday to? Especially coaches and parents of kids who play any sport. Saturday's have always been a challenge when it comes to balancing the things you mention...and I wonder if a Friday nite game benefits a lot of the same people and they'd actually prefer a Friday nite game sometimes to free up their whole Saturday?
Well of course people always can have something else to do, but thats a lot different than friday high school football which has been friday at 7 in every town in the state for how many years?

Strange post

The price of 61 million a year. Not that big a sacrifice. Another night home game. GBR!!

Yay!
Cash those checks!
Thats all that matters.
Ffs fans what does it matter to you? We’ve been cashing these checks for years and we have no bowl games, a cancelled season, friday away games and now friday home games to show for it.
Do you frame pictures of the big ten check for your wall?

Does georgia want to trade programs with purdue?

And what is your solution? Go back to the watered down Big 12 for half the money?
The solution is to tell them no. But they wont.

And yes Id love to be in the big 12. What the hell has the money meant for you or this program? I dont get this obsession with big ten money….like do you make memories with it? Can you watch it win on saturdays? Does it play on friday too?

Yay!
Cash those checks!
Thats all that matters.
Ffs fans what does it matter to you? We’ve been cashing these checks for years and we have no bowl games, a cancelled season, friday away games and now friday home games to show for it.
Do you frame pictures of the big ten check for your wall?

Does georgia want to trade programs with purdue?
Last I checked the Big 10 won the last National title in football.

Reactions: zrob
Last I checked the Big 10 won the last National title in football.
Ok its all good then.
man it has gotten low in husker fandom.
We’re celebrating checks we’ll never see and havent benefitted from and piggy-back celebrating 1 conference NC over the past 18? years.

I dont blame you there isnt much else to celebrate when we’re this bad and playing on friday night. But we as fans should make it clear this is not ok.

Dannon caved. So did eickhorst. Trev didn't. Dannon needs to wake up. UNLESS the nsaa can pull off a statewide football and possibly a vb high school pause on that date

Reactions: huskerfan1414
It is what it is. There are much bigger issues in our country right now to be upset about. I'm not gonna lose any sleep over a Friday night Husker home game.
I wont lose sleep either.
Where do you hang your most money banner?

Well of course people always can have something else to do, but thats a lot different than friday high school football which has been friday at 7 in every town in the state for how many years?

Strange post
That’s not true, many games in Omaha and Lincoln and the rest of Class A are on Thursday nights. Happens when needing to share a stadium. Not uncommon for Six man games to be Friday or Saturday afternoons

And yes Id love to be in the big 12. What the hell has the money meant for you or this program? I dont get this obsession with big ten money….like do you make memories with it? Can you watch it win on saturdays? Does it play on friday too?
Oklahoma and Texas bailed on the Big 12 because they werent making shit. It's Big 10 or SEC. Nobody else. Pick one.

Reactions: Hford and zrob
Well, when all the top recruits come to town and comment on how Nebraska has the best facilities in the country and they want to play here, that's a good thing. Paid for by the Big 10 60 million a year.

Hahaha well, let us know when that actually happens and then you might have a point.

Until then, the fact remains that we've been on a downward spiral of sucking since joining the B1G and all that B1G money has resulted in dick in terms of actual football success.

Last edited:
I have a grip. You need to get to some high school games outside of Omaha and Lincoln to understand the support for those teams and also what the Cornhuskers mean to those communities.
It pains me to say this because it means it’s in agreement with what fans of other Big Ten teams have been saying but some Husker fans live in the past. And are out of touch with reality…..because a lot of Nebraskans don’t care as much anymore and certainly not kids in high school. You think the average HS football player in Nebraska is a die hard Husker fan? Seniors in High School were like 5th graders last time there was a winning season. It’s no longer a special cult like following.

Strange post

That's because you're only looking at it thru a football lens. Fall baseball, basketball, gymnastics, show choir, etc etc are all things that can take place on a Saturday....so yes, one group will he affected but several more will benefit.

I dont have much respect for dannen after a few things including this quote.

What a way to tell the state of nebraska to shove it so he can put more money in the coffers.

A bad look for him and for nebraska. A second fiddle program in a second fiddle conference.

And you can bet this will get more and more normal, and he knows it.
The guy showed up a couple months ago and inherited a football program that hasn't been to a bowl game since 2016. What's he supposed to do? Bolt for the Missouri Valley so we can have all Saturday games?

• Haha
Reactions: HBK4life

Strange post
I sit next to 2 different farmers. They make most of the games in the fall. If a farmer, whose livelihood literally depends on harvest, can make it work, then I think high school football players and fans will also survive.

Reactions: Swiv3D and HBK4life
I'm curious how the logistics will work. UNL has classes on Fridays... the workforce is still downtown at 5pm on Friday... how will city parking garages work that typically charge $25-30 for game day parking, and begin that at midnight prior to kickoff, work...

People will be coming into and leaving the downtown/Haymarket area at basically the same time.

I'll enjoy watching a Friday night,
nationally televised, game but the logistics of it stress me out and I
have nothing to do with city planning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick_G.
We were hearing earlier this spring that our game against Indiana in October was going to be Friday night game ..

How did we end up with a home Friday night game with Illinois..
I suppose it will be good for the Raiola hype train with 2 night games in September maybe 3.

We aren't leaving. Rational people know we left for a reason. We put ourselves in this position by hiring bad coaches.

Reactions: scarletred
I'm curious how the logistics will all work. UNL has classes on Fridays... the workforce is still downtown at 5pm on Friday... how will city parking garages work that typically charge $25-30 for game day parking, and begin that at midnight prior to kickoff, work...

People will be coming into and leaving the downtown/Haymarket area at basically the same time.

I'll enjoy watching a Friday night,
nationally televised, game but the logistics of it stress me out and I'm not even a city planner.
We're going to be undefeated and the city and campus will be shutdown. Students and fans will be drinking all afternoon and Memorial will be rocking.

We were hearing earlier this spring that our game against Indiana in October was going to be Friday night game ..

How did we end up with a home Friday night game with Illinois..
I suppose it will be good for the Raiola hype train with 2 night games in September maybe 3.
Supposedly all our Big 10 road games are on homecoming, which needs to be a Saturday

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT