ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Night Game at Home

On brand.
yea. it's unfortunate.

many of our fellow board members are parents or coaches or teachers who will obviously prioritize their kids in this situation while following along on their phones or whatever

they shouldn't be forced to choose between their communities and the Huskers

yea. it's unfortunate.

many of our fellow board members are parents or coaches or teachers who will obviously prioritize their kids in this situation while following along on their phones or whatever

they shouldn't be forced to choose between their communities and the Huskers

I wonder if a lot of the same people have conflicts on Saturday to? Especially coaches and parents of kids who play any sport. Saturday's have always been a challenge when it comes to balancing the things you mention...and I wonder if a Friday nite game benefits a lot of the same people and they'd actually prefer a Friday nite game sometimes to free up their whole Saturday?

I wonder if a lot of the same people have conflicts on Saturday to? Especially coaches and parents of kids who play any sport. Saturday's have always been a challenge when it comes to balancing the things you mention...and I wonder if a Friday nite game benefits a lot of the same people and they'd actually prefer a Friday nite game sometimes to free up their whole Saturday?
maybe.

@PeliniTheCrutch would you rather the Huskers play on Friday night or Saturday?

Then there is this……….

Kerry Kenny

@KerryBKenny
·
Follow
Big Ten
🏈
📅
📺
updates…Additional early season Friday games on BTN and FS1, along with two Black Friday games on CBS and NBC, will be announced later this month

X_vxQr8P_normal.jpg

FOX Sports PR

v7MM_VT__bigger.jpg

@FOXSportsPR
FOX COLLEGE FOOTBALL FRIDAY kicks off in primetime this fall
🏈
Inaugural slate highlighted by key matchups from the@bigten, @Big12Conference & @MountainWest
👀

maybe.

@PeliniTheCrutch would you rather the Huskers play on Friday night or Saturday?
Saturday I guess? I’m pretty busy Saturdays too, so I can’t really lock in on Nebraska games, though it’s obviously easier to ignore the games when they stink.

My son playing at a different school than the one I coach at is a much more important issue on Fridays this year for me to be honest.

I think it's largely a non-issue. Fans have obviously chosen the more money route across football. More playoffs, more big time matchups, more money to players, more gambling opportunities, etc.

You know what big money doesn't care about? Freaking 8 man high school games in Nebraska. Or any high school games in Nebraska for that matter.

We willingly made the trade. In the end, this is only one game. Nebraskans have big boy pants, there's always been alternatives that compete with the Huskers (which I would remind Kong the board the past 6 or so years have been *very* vocal about), and they've made their choices accordingly for the past 100 years.

Bummer for the people who follow/play high school football, and for the sake of recruiting visits, but maybe it'll free up some tickets for fans like me who would love some more ticket availability and don't follow high school sports. It'll all even out and be a sellout either way.

Good point

There are kids in elementary school who weren't alive for the last NU bowl game. We lost any leverage we might have had in these situations.
You are exactly right. People need to stop being conceited and acting like Nebraska has much power. When they first rolled out Friday night games Nebraska said not at home, and we went to Illinois and Rutgers I believe since then. Since then we’ve taken up residence in the cellar, like the Big Ten office can even hear anything Nebraska is saying.

You are exactly right. People need to stop being conceited and acting like Nebraska has much power. When they first rolled out Friday night games Nebraska said not at home, and we went to Illinois and Rutgers I believe since then. Since then we’ve taken up residence in the cellar, like the Big Ten office can even hear anything Nebraska is saying.
Same B1G that cancelled football and suspended its top asset during the best season the conference has ever witnessed?

Hard to hear anything when your head is that far up your ass

Play on Saturday afternoon or night instead. If some schools don’t want to deal with Husker game on Friday night they’ll move theirs to Saturday.
No. If b1g wants N on Friday then they can do it on away games. We were one of the pioneers of black Friday football. No home Friday games other than black Friday. 🦻👇

No. If b1g wants N on Friday then they can do it on away games. We were one of the pioneers of black Friday football. No home Friday games other than black Friday. 🦻👇
I don’t think it will be that much of an issue for the high schools to have Nebraska play on Friday night at home. I’d rather go to a high school game. Level of game execution is better than what the Huskers have displayed for years now. How much does it mean to you as an individual?

I don’t think it will be that much of an issue for the high schools to have Nebraska play on Friday night at home. I’d rather go to a high school game. Level of game execution is better than what the Huskers have displayed for years now. How much does it mean to you as an individual?
I support my local on Friday and Huskers on the other 6 days.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT