ADVERTISEMENT

Friday, May 6th Nebraska at Minnesota (Huskers WIN 12-5)

They have always played a few small schools from the local area mid week for decades. When Iowa and Wisconsin have only one D1 program, Wisconsin Green Bay, and the 2 Dakota schools it is not much to pick from for reasonable travel mid week games. The Gophers have always traveled and played very good non conference schedules. Good DQ Classics in the past. Their history of success carried well into the 2000's as late as 2018 certainly playing a D1 schedule. Anderson has been there for almost all the success as a player and coach, must of done something right.
This is what I'm referring to:

Until Anderson moves on Minnesota will always be a laughing stock to other college baseball fans. If a Nebraska coach said that he’d of been shown the door. I think that is why Minnesota gets so much crap from other fan bases. It isn’t a knock on you as a fan but when that mind frame represents their program it isn’t entirely shocking they are the worse team in the league the last two years. Not sure as a player how you could play for that culture. It is also why we know deep down he will not play a double header today and instead allow for one game to possibly get cancelled tomorrow. No team who actually cares about playing a full series would do that.

This is what I'm referring to:
I know what you where talking about, it was 10 years ago. I don't agree with what he purposed, but he has had alot of success since he made that statement. Super in 2018. Nobody is going to change anybody's mind on this so I am calling it quits in this discussion. Enjoy the weekend.

Lincoln gopher, appreciate your occasional contributions to this board. As you can probably tell, though, Nebraska fans’ lack of respect for Minnesota’s current head coach is beyond repair.

It’s true he hasn’t revisited his idea of the Big Ten not participating in regionals in years. But why would he? It would obviously have even less support today than when he first proposed it. And the conference’s performance in the NCAA tournament—yes, including that of the Gophers—over the last 10 years has proven it to be a ludicrous thought.

Last edited:
I know what you where talking about, it was 10 years ago. I don't agree with what he purposed, but he has had alot of success since he made that statement. Super in 2018. Nobody is going to change anybody's mind on this so I am calling it quits in this discussion. Enjoy the weekend.
It is more so a discussion not about changing anyones mind. It sounds like you agree with us about Anderson. Truth is he hasn’t been very good as of late considering how long his career has been. I’d say he and Erstad were on a similar level with Erstad being slightly better over that span. Although Anderson did have the overall best season of the two.

I got no beef with you. I've always enjoyed having you around here. I'm not a fan of Anderson but we can all have our own opinions :)

A good weekend to you too.

Reactions: RobsterMobster
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT