ADVERTISEMENT

Friday, March 17th Nebraska vs Nicholls (Huskers win DH 2-1 & 17-1)

Everyone in this lineup is batting .300 or better. We ever see that before?

Well looky here, they're going to get a Sunday game in, I guess. Don't know why they'll keep it in Manhattan though. Slightly better forecast for Lincoln.
Apparently, the Haymarket Park field won’t be ready by Sunday. I hate all-FieldTurf surfaces but it’s a benefit this time.

Reactions: k9_r
What is crazy is this is without Anglim who was one of our hottest bats to start the year.
Check this out
.............Huskers ......... Opponents
B/A ----- .336 ------------- .225
2B -------- 44 ---------------- 14
3B --------- 5 ------------------ 4
HR -------- 29 ---------------- 16
OPS --- 1.003 --------------.691

Mike Trout lead MLB last year with a 1.002 OPS and here we are posting a 1.003 for the entire freakin' team.
B/A more than 100 points higher than opponents, extra bases galore. We should be undefeated but for, you know, begins with B and ends with pen.

Check this out
.............Huskers ......... Opponents
B/A ----- .336 ------------- .225
2B -------- 44 ---------------- 14
3B --------- 5 ------------------ 4
HR -------- 29 ---------------- 16
OPS --- 1.003 --------------.691

Mike Trout lead MLB last year with a 1.002 OPS and here we are posting a 1.003 for the entire freakin' team.
B/A more than 100 points higher than opponents, extra bases galore. We should be undefeated but for, you know, begins with B and ends with pen.
Highest team BA since 1999 (.338), looked it up this morning.

Don't get me wrong, it will probably not end up quite that high, but we have some dudes up and down the lineup. Every batter is a threat.

In fact, two really good hitters (Carey and Griff) have started out really slow and I expect them to finish much better than they started.

Reactions: k9_r and saluno22

Don't get me wrong, it will probably not end up quite that high, but we have some dudes up and down the lineup. Every batter is a threat.

In fact, two really good hitters (Carey and Griff) have started out really slow and I expect them to finish much better than they started.
I have to give some props to Efry as well who has never been known for his bat his entire time here. It goes to show that the pressure to come through at the plate helps everyone as your team as whole lifts that pressure.

He has had limited opportunities but has taken advantage when given them. Considering 1st base is still somewhat of a defensive liability it is possible he sneaks into a starting role at some point.

Although when Anglim is back I see Fisher taking that spot. Still great to have a defensive sub or pinch hitter late in the game when needed.

Yeah, we can't yet say where the B/A ends up in June but I gotta believe it will be very nice. I mean, the first game with Nicholls we gave the ump a lineup card with no batter under .300. Not sure I've ever seen a card like that. Maybe in high school, we had some nice teams.

(Carey and Griff)
Let's go with Walsh and Griff. Carey went 1-16 in week four but he's been very good these other four weeks. Started strong in San Diego, hit .471, 2 dbls, 2 HRs.

Walsh is the guy I'm waiting for. Hearing he shows out big in batting practice and, while he went 1-11 in SD, he barreled up the ball most every AB. Just kept finding gloves. Hard luck.

And Albany beats Maryland 6-3 on a Saturday. At Maryland. Big Ten is wide open, we should get us some.

Yeah, we can't yet say where the B/A ends up in June but I gotta believe it will be very nice. I mean, the first game with Nicholls we gave the ump a lineup card with no batter under .300. Not sure I've ever seen a card like that. Maybe in high school, we had some nice teams.

(Carey and Griff)
Let's go with Walsh and Griff. Carey went 1-16 in week four but he's been very good these other four weeks. Started strong in San Diego, hit .471, 2 dbls, 2 HRs.

Walsh is the guy I'm waiting for. Hearing he shows out big in batting practice and, while he went 1-11 in SD, he barreled up the ball most every AB. Just kept finding gloves. Hard luck.
My biggest issue with Walsh is his glove. It is a team game but one could argue he single-handedly was the MVP in the loss to Omaha. I’m assuming something mental or lack of game day confidence? Who knows.

The issue is nobody has really stepped up to solidify first base at this point yet but I feel confident someone will.

This lineup is fun to watch.

Nebraska has looked the best to me in the Big Ten even with the sketchy bullpen depth. Iowa has been #2 in my eyes. I could name about 5 teams in that next tier but all I know is Northwestern, Minnesota, and Michigan look awful.

Reactions: moralvictories
Aaaand, Vanderbilt just swept Ole Miss in 3 by a total score of 27-4. Just when you think you have a handle on a team something like this happens.

Now I'm thinking of a pitch looking like a strike but called a ball. A pitch to the last strike of the last out in the bottom of the 1st with the score 0-0. Screw Ole Miss, screw the ump. We coulda had that one.

Aaaand, Vanderbilt just swept Ole Miss in 3 by a total score of 27-4. Just when you think you have a handle on a team something like this happens.

Now I'm thinking of a pitch looking like a strike but called a ball. A pitch to the last strike of the last out in the bottom of the 1st with the score 0-0. Screw Ole Miss, screw the ump. We coulda had that one.
I wasn’t high on Vandy to start the year but they have really come on strong lately because they have that stellar pitching.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT