ADVERTISEMENT

Forget Wisconsin...

Either the Clemson coach didn't tell the punter to run that fake, or else the coach is an ass. Why would you be yelling at a punter for not making that throw??

The Cuse really has a shot at this now, if they could put one in the end zone on this drive it would probably be over.

Either the Clemson coach didn't tell the punter to run that fake, or else the coach is an ass. Why would you be yelling at a punter for not making that throw??
Because it was a run pass option... If the backer covers the wide receiver, you have three lineman ahead of you blocking. The punter keeps it, he runs for a first down. That's what Dabo was asking the kid... Do you see those three blockers ahead of you and all that green grass?

Reactions: Bremser

I've learned don't assume anything.

A young African-American HC who wins, and has experience in the Big 10 geographic area. Why would that be a bad idea?

Because it was a run pass option... If the backer covers the wide receiver, you have three lineman ahead of you blocking. The punter keeps it, he runs for a first down. That's what Dabo was asking the kid... Do you see those three blockers ahead of you and all that green grass?

Ah, that makes sense. Although I still think he was a little heavy on the kid, he's a danged punter isn't he?

Reactions: Cloud@Heart
I've learned don't assume anything.

A young African-American HC who wins, and has experience in the Big 10 geographic area. Why would that be a bad idea?

I had the pleasure to meet Dino at his daughter’s wedding this summer. She played volleyball for A&M and she married our friend’s son. Real great guy for the 5 minutes I got to talk to him.

Reactions: newAD
I had the pleasure to meet Dino at his daughter’s wedding this summer. She played volleyball for A&M and she married our friend’s son. Real great guy for the 5 minutes I got to talk to him.

I think he is about to become very well known.

I was at that game. Ugh. Disgusting. One week after killing UCLA and being on the cover of Sports Illustrated: “The Big Red Machine” with Jeff Smith on the cover

I bet your ears are still ringing. Remember it well.

712ij4WpsXL._SY450_.jpg

But it wasn’t hard to see coming. The game in Lincoln the year before was way closer than the score. We were ripe for the picking.

In 83? Yea. We obviously have different memories of the game. It was a yawner.

You are apparently the only person in America who saw it coming. You must be great with lottery numbers.

https://www.huskermax.com/games/1983/05syracuse.html
Well I’ll take credit. Because what I saw was a much closer game than the score. I destictly remember saying to friends, watch out next year in the dome. As for lotto, I don’t buy tickets.

Well I’ll take credit. Because what I saw was a much closer game than the score. I destictly remember saying to friends, watch out next year in the dome. As for lotto, I don’t buy tickets.

So you said that during one of the 2 of the first 11 drives that Nebraska didn't score? Was Nate Mason or Mark Mauer taking snaps at QB at that time, or was the 4th string defense in? Please.

Hey man I’m just going off a 40 year memory. Just remember we had the short field a lot. And what’s your problem?? I know turner was q.b. Are u trying to trick me ? Wtf. Not trying to prove anything here.

Last edited:
Hey man I’m just going off a 40 year memory. Just remember we had the short field a lot. And what’s your problem?? I know turner was q.b. Not trying to prove anything here.

I don't have a problem. I'm just throwing the BS flag on your 34 year old memory. To say that game was closer than the scoreboard appeared, then hell, last week was closer than the scoreboard appeared.

I don't have a problem. I'm just throwing the BS flag on your 34 year old memory. To say that game was closer than the scoreboard appeared, then hell, last week was closer than the scoreboard appeared.
Ok well cool like I said, it’s a 40 year old memory. Lol. Guess that’s how much my perspective has changed, because I really do remember being worried about playing in the dome next year.

Reactions: newAD
Ok well cool like I said, it’s a 40 year old memory. Lol. Guess that’s how much my perspective has changed, because I really do remember being worried about playing in the dome next year.

Glad we could be civil and have fun with the disagreement. Wish there was more of that. If we were at a bar I'd give you a Donnie Brasco"Lincoln is better than a Caddy, Forget about it!" & the say you got next round. Laughing

I do remember the talk of the crowd noise leading up to that game, and boy I remember the radio guys talking about it during. If not for that game you wonder if McPherson would have got a crack at the NFL?

I was at that game. Ugh. Disgusting. One week after killing UCLA and being on the cover of Sports Illustrated: “The Big Red Machine” with Jeff Smith on the cover

And I was at the Rose Bowl blow out the week before, my first trip of 4 to Pasadena...

The next week was a shocker, couldn't believe how flat we played that day after the week before.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT