ADVERTISEMENT

For those talking about conference depth.....

Solana Beach Husker

Offensive Coordinator
Aug 8, 2008
Here is a list of the teams holding the current record for longest amount of time outside of the top 25....

Indiana, 1994
Purdue, 2007

Wake Forest, 2008
Kansas, 2009
Illinois 2011
Rutgers, 2012

And Kansas was in the top 5 within the last decade...You could roll a double 6 and have those 4 teams on your schedule, along with Maryland and Minnesota, and you are home free. This will be a problem as we improve and want to be in the playoff conversation. We better hope Wisky stays strong.

Reactions: UCF-CZ
I’m having trouble with your point here and what does this matter....

We don’t want to be in the conversation with any of these programs..

All you can do is win all of your games. Do that and the chances of being in the playoff is very high.

Exactly regardless of your schedule you can only win and be concerned about the games you play..

Will be playing Michigan quit a bit and not KU and WF..

Those programs can stay down for all I care. I’d love to see Wisky fall apart. I don’t root for any other team in our conference to do well, didn’t do it in the Big 8 or Big 12.

As far as convincing the computer/coaches/journalists, we’ll have plenty of chances to do that. We usually schedule a quality non-conference opponent (OU in 2020/21) to go with the yearly match up of OSU/Michigan and the conference championship game as well. Personally I’d love to schedule Bethune-Cookman every year. We need a game or two like that every year to flex our muscles.

I’m having trouble with your point here and what does this matter....

We don’t want to be in the conversation with any of these programs..

Been hearing from Frosty and the board that the big 10 is as deep as the SEC, and we face good opponents every week. This stat right here shows the big 10 is pretty pathetic, and is what we thought they were before we joined...a conference with a couple of big names, and these big names feed off of really bad programs, and then get wrecked when it matters. This board couldn't say a nice thing about the conference before TO decided to run away from Texas....and the conference is REALLY bad this year top to bottom.

Been hearing from Frosty and the board that the big 10 is as deep as the SEC, and we face good opponents every week. This stat right here shows the big 10 is pretty pathetic, and is what we thought they were before we joined...a conference with a couple of big names, and these big names feed off of really bad programs, and then get wrecked when it matters. This board couldn't say a nice thing about the conference before TO decided to run away from Texas....and the conference is REALLY bad this year top to bottom.

Dude, UT and OU were both looking at other conferences, aTm APPARENTLY was too, not to mention Colorado had moved out so fast it caused a hurricane across Kansas.

Nebraska went because Missouri was openly seeking admittance with the Big 10. You want Nebraska going to the SEC? Football would be great, travel would SUUUUUUUUUUCK! Think. About. It.

Are you sure you were paying attention? How many of those meetings were you in? Holy cow man, are you drunk?

Here is a list of the teams holding the current record for longest amount of time outside of the top 25....

Indiana, 1994
Purdue, 2007

Wake Forest, 2008
Kansas, 2009
Illinois 2011
Rutgers, 2012

And Kansas was in the top 5 within the last decade...You could roll a double 6 and have those 4 teams on your schedule, along with Maryland and Minnesota, and you are home free. This will be a problem as we improve and want to be in the playoff conversation. We better hope Wisky stays strong.

No, I disagree completely. When we are strong, we destroy.

It doesn't matter the weakness of opponents, but it matters your dominance. A B1G, undefeated champ gets in. It doesn't matter your schedule. A B1G champion with 1 loss will rarely or never get in over a 1or 2 loss SEC champion. There is no reason to schedule quality opponents. We dont have the SEC clause.

All power 5 conference champions should be in. The rest can be decided.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT