ADVERTISEMENT

For those "Run the ball" guys

Thanks for the laugh. I needed it.
UCF totals Passing 2950 Rushing 1892. Record perfect to date. More than one way to skin a cat. Just don't want fans to have buyers remorse if SF becomes head coach and does it his way. But as I know Husker fans they will be the first to complain load and long. It doesn't matter if he wins 100% of his games, Husker fans will complain about style points.

UCF totals Passing 2950 Rushing 1892. Record perfect to date. More than one way to skin a cat. Just don't want fans to have buyers remorse if SF becomes head coach and does it his way. But as I know Husker fans they will be the first to complain load and long. It doesn't matter if he wins 100% of his games, Husker fans will complain about style points.

To be fair it's year two for them and they don't exactly have a potent run game in place. Big plays in the passing game have produced for them, but they have a run game that you better respect or they'll break one on ya..

UCF has run 345/1892 and passed 196/277 for 2950. This means they run 55% of the time. The reason the yards are so lopsided is they complete 71% of their passes and average 10.6 yards/pass. Bottom line, they run more than they pass.
and some of there passes are an extension of their running game

I haven't seen UCF play all that much, but my impression is that Frost is shooting for an offense that runs the ball well enough, and throws the ball well enough, to keep the defense off-balance. That's all I really want see at Nebraska, but it seems that if you don't think a four-hour-long 7-on-7 drill is the way to go, you're a "run the ball guy."

UCF has run 345/1892 and passed 196/277 for 2950. This means they run 55% of the time. The reason the yards are so lopsided is they complete 71% of their passes and average 10.6 yards/pass. Bottom line, they run more than they pass.

Don’t go throwing facts in here

But the majority of their yards are via the air game. Their run game may not evolve past what it is. Only time will tell.

Scott Frost UCF team totals today Passing 254 Rushing 134.
Obviously passing yards do not tell the entire story...so if a screen pass is 1 yard past the line of scrimmage it counts as passing yards...if an option pitch is 1 yard behind it counts as rushing...who cares...a passing team can run high tempo, have short athletic and powerful o lineman, that wear out a defense because they are running a vertical running game, quick screens, shovel pass, qb run game. What we really want is olineman that go vertical, down the field and wear on the defense, olineman that move backwards to pass protect, protect the defense.

Just think the OL will all be back for more next year.

bob-stoops-is-sad.gif

tenor.gif

napoleon-dynamite-gif-i-want-drunken-stealing.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT