ADVERTISEMENT

Food for thought on HCMR

tkdkicks3d

All-American
As I read all the posts calling for his firing I am left to focus on a couple things that bring me to another conclusion. I know that losses are hard and the last one was in called for. At this stage of the game Nebraska is not a glamorous job and we better let this one ride out a little longer before we jump ship.

1) The majority of the talent on this team are Sophomores, Redshirt Freshman, true Freshman. That is a lot to ask of a young team. 75% of the talent on the two deep roster, Riley is responsible for recruiting.
2) MR has fired quite a few coaches to upgrade the coaching and recruiting on this team. All of those hires have been very good. We can all agree that the next one likely will be to fix the OL.
3) Three huge names have sent there kids here because they believe in HCMR (Keshawn Johnson, Les Miles, Kurt Warner) as well a lot of people who are high in Tanner Lee suggested HCMR as the best path. They can see the path we should look a little deeper as fans.
4) Recruiting and letting the talent play out. This staff finished 2015 class, had 1 year to recruit the 2016 class, and his first full cycle of recruiting in 2017 was the best this team has seen in a long time. The recruiting machine he has built, including the camps are changing the recruits perception of Nebraska.
5) He doesn't seem to take the easy path, he makes choices right for the program in the long term.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News