ADVERTISEMENT

Fleck talks NU Defense, and why they gave up the run game

Yeah. I was unsure when I first listened to white talk at a clinic. Really good dude just came off as inexperienced. I think the 30 stack gives us an edge with regards to blitzes, stunts and overall confusion. However We were able to take advantage of MINNI not knowing exactly how we were going to align or what types of pressures and coverages we were going to use. We don't have that against the Puffs.

Offensively I don't know. We continue to do head scratching things. Starting with your starting RB getting minimal carries, ending with your fumble prone rb getting carries in crunch time. In the middle of it is, talented wr's on the bench and your 4 star TE never getting targeted.

Football doesn't have to be difficult. Get the ball to your damn playmakers.

We played a great RB last friday night. We took away a lot of what they do with him in the running game. So they threw the ball to him on swing routes and let him outrun and run us over. We still won but we couldn't stop their best playmaker when they gave him the ball on simplest of plays. Why NU can't do that is beyond me.
I’m hoping they figure out their personnel going forward. I love Ervin at RB but I think they view Grant as a home run hitter.

I’m not sure what’s up with Fidone. He played but didn’t get targeted that I saw.

Reactions: cavalot
I’m hoping they figure out their personnel going forward. I love Ervin at RB but I think they view Grant as a home run hitter.

I’m not sure what’s up with Fidone. He played but didn’t get targeted that I saw.
“Real coaching staff”

What scares me is that CU has very little interest in running the ball. Nebraska's D looked suspect on defending the pass.

Kid looked GREAT. By most accounts, he’s a heisman candidate, if not the front-runner. But okay.
Minnesota's Tyler Nubin stepped right in last year and played well and had 4 picks.

And this year in game 1 vs Nebraska he had 2 picks.

Deon's guy is the #1 rated recruit...but he's 1-and-done...and I hope you guys beat Colorado !!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT